forty-three: nothing on you

no one in the world by anita baker

Imogen.

1 Year Later

I stand and reflect on how much my life has changed in the last 2 years. I met the love of my life, fell in love, completed my life long dream of being a model, became content and happy with myself and here we are today. I can't help but smile because I would've never thought this would be my life. I was snapped out of my thoughts by a certain voice yelling.

I turned to see Max yelling at the movers, "No! That goes in her office on the opposite side of the house" he waved his hands in the air

We did long distance for a year and spent every single month, holiday, birthday and vacation together. It was a challenge but we did it. I'm in Paris today moving into the beautiful house he bought us. We talked about moving in together for so long and it was finally time.

He approached me from behind and wrapped his arms around my waist. I turned around with a smile and placed my arms around his neck. His eyes alternated between my eyes and my lips, I stood on my tippy toes to deliver a kiss.

"Don't be mean, they're doing their best" I said

He hums, "What do you think so far?" He asked me

"I love it, my vision is coming together slowly but surly" I said

"How about we break in the rooms?" He smirked

"With the movers here?" I leaned back and furrowed my brows

He laughed and picked me up, "Fuck the movers" I squealed and he smashed his lips onto mine
———

I woke up alone tangled in the sheets of our guest room. Standing up I wrapped myself with the white sheets calling out for Maxime. I walked into the bathroom, my attention brought to a note on the sink.

"Get dressed, we have a date tonight" the note read

I smiled and proceeded to take a shower. I applied lotion and sprayed my body down with my signature Black Opium parfume. I walk back out to see a dress on the bed with heels laid bed to it. What is this man up to?

I look at myself as I finally finished getting dressed, I decided to let my straighten hair today, and I was in love with the outcome. I put on my coat and walked out the room. A trail of roses led me all the way outside where Vic stood with a large bouquet of roses.

 A trail of roses led me all the way outside where Vic stood with a large bouquet of roses

"Vic?" I raised my brow "What is he up to?"

He didn't say a word instead he handed me a note, I got in the car with the flowers placed beside me.

"Vic is taking you to our spot, I'll be here waiting for you"

-M

I shook my head and just went along with it. It's been a month since we've went out on a romantic date so I figured he's making up for it. Vic doesn't break despite my millions of questions, so I digress.