thirty-seven: reunion

i drink wine by adele

Imogen.

I woke to my publicist sending me articles about my 'grand return' 2 nights ago. It was moronic but most of them didn't stray from the truth. One even accused me of having a child, which I laughed at.

My mind wouldn't rest, I thought of Max and the exchange we had. When I got home I did call my mom and we chatted for a half hour. It helped, and today was a new day. I went out to the kitchen and looked around the cupboards.

Yasmin was being gracious enough to let me stay with her and Antoinette, the least I could do was make them breakfast. I read up on articles and commented on the posts that I was tagged in, it felt good to be back. There's no doubt that I was ready but it was just one factor that wouldn't rest.

I flipped the pancake, as the door buzzer made a noise. I walked over to press the button, "Hello there's been a delivery for a Ms. Louis", the man said

"Thank you, send it up" I said. Who got this address and how did they even find out I was staying here. What could it be?

I went back to the stove to take the pancake from the pan. I began to set the table before the doorbell rang. I went to the door and opened it to see a man standing with a bouquet of flowers. Everyone who sent me flowers from last night sent them to Zenith since I didn't have a place yet, so who sent these?

"Thank you" I grabbed them from the man and closed the door.

I set them in the center of the breakfast table, seeing it was a nice addition. They were my favorites, white roses, I picked up the note and read

"I'm picking you up for dinner at 9" Signed 'M' at the bottom

I sighed looking at the note as I sat down. It's nice to see he hasn't changed, still arrogant and cocky. What makes him think I don't have plans. I'm not going, simple.

I pulled out my phone, shamefully and looked up Léa. I'm not the jealous type, and I have no right to be since we aren't together but I just wondered what her deal was. Pictures of her and Max flooded the internet, articles speculating their relationship and even a picture of them dancing at a nightclub. My brows furrowed as I saw them eating at the Pier he and I used to go to.

For whatever reason I thought of the way we used to dance. But he took her to our place, the one that I suggested we go to. It was unclear whether they were together or not but it looked that way. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

6 months of therapy aren't gonna go to waste just like that. I got up and finished setting the table, connecting my  phone to the speaker and started playing music. Soon enough Yasmin and Antoinette came out with their clothes damn near inside out.

"Turn it down, the planet is spinning" Yasmin said

"Good morning! As a little token of my appreciation I made you breakfast" I said

"Awe Gen, you didn't have to thank you" Antoinette said

"Ooh flowers, who sent these?" Yasmin said and she set her plate down

"Nobody I bou—" she grabbed the note from the table before I could finish

They read it and looked at me, "Well? Are you gonna go"

I drank my tea, "Nope" before continuing to eat

"It's just dinner, and he's leaving soon. I think you should go" Antoinette said