twenty-one: suite life

positions by ariana grande

Imogen.

"Thanks guys" I said to the production team as I walked out the double doors.

I had wrapped my interview with Vogue Paris, partnered with Chanel. I made my way outside of Chanel headquarters [fun fact their hq is in Paris...well towards Paris], my security not too far behind. I got into the car and told the driver to head 'home'. It felt weird that I associated Max with home but that's how he made me feel.

Chanel had gifted me with an exclusive of their new collection and I had my security carry the many bags, which I offered to hold and they refused. They loaded them in the trunk before the driver started to drive off. We were going to see his family today and I felt anxious.

The first time I had met Charlie's parents, I was confident because his family was as gullible as they come and instantly loved me. Max is a very different person, he's hard to impress and takes a while for him to really open up. So imagine his family. This is shit that I usually wouldn't do but fit him, there's nothing that I wouldn't do. I stared out the window wondering what to wear to meet his mom. I was going to meet his mama—Holy shit.

The car parked and the door opened for me. I muttered a quick 'thank you' before heading inside. I walked into Max's suite, it was empty and dark so I turned on the lights, making my way to the kitchen. I facetimed Yasmin as I opened the freezer to get gelato I'd bought earlier in the week. Yasmin answered to see her in a car with Antoinette.

"And where are you two lovebirds going" I asked as I popped the top of my ice cream open

"Date night!" They said in unison

I laughed, sitting on the stool taking a spoonful in my mouth, "How bout you hot stuff, don't you have sex on legs waiting on you?" Yasmin asked

"We're supposed to be going to see his family today" I answered

"Oh shit, how do you feel" She asked

"I don't know, by the way he talks about them..." I made a face like the guy in the 'conceited meme'

"Look, just stand by his side and be yourself. And should anything happen give us a signal and we'll get you out of there" Antoinette said now grabbing the phone

"Okay, I have to go start getting ready. Don't stay out to late kids" I laughed

"Byeee—ouch Toni you know that's my spot" Yasmin said before hanging up

I sighed, taking the ice cream back to the freezer. I walked up the stairs before receiving a text from Maxime

M: "On my way home, metting ran a bit long"

I continued upstairs to our bedroom, I went through the bags from Chanel, debating on what to wear. After all this family was like royalty, so I wanted to make a good first impression. I normally wouldn't do for anyone, but it was Max. I finally decided on a white tube dress, pairing it with a Chanel clutch. I paired it with my white heels I'd forgotten here.

I paired my phone with the speaker built into the bedroom and waltzed into the bathroom

I paired my phone with the speaker built into the bedroom and waltzed into the bathroom. I played my jazz playlist, it helped soothe my anxiety. My makeup was already done so all I had to do was touch it up. I gathered my hair and put it in an elegant updo, connecting a clip to it. I let a few strands fall to give it a better look.

Amy Winehouse's 'Me and Mr Jones' began and I started dancing. I grabbed my brush and sang, looking at myself in the mirror. I got lost in my dance and the song that it took me 2 minutes to notice the man that leaned against the bathroom door. I jumped as I met his gaze.

"Shit don't do that" I said grabbing my chest

"Wait do that one dance again, the one that goes..." he proceeded to sway his hips imitating me.

I laughed, "Stop it" I slicked a few fly aways down

He walked up behind me, setting his hands on my shoulders. He spun me around and grabbed my hand. He bowed as he looked into my eyes.

"Would you care to dance?" He asked causing me to smile

I adjusted, letting him take the lead as 'Jezebel' by Sade played. We stood there, slow dancing around the room for the entirety of the song. As the last note played, he dipped me and ran his hand along my leg, up my thigh, sending chills down my spine. I stood and stared into his eyes,

"I adore you" He said, I smiled and grabbed my bag.

"Let's go, we don't wanna be late" I said
————

Maxime.

I was nervous, scared even. I was reuniting with my family and I was going to stand my ground. Imogen being here made me relax and I took comfort in knowing she actually stood by me.

It took us a half hour to get there, Vic offered to drive us but I told him it would be better if I drove. Once we got to the gate, I was let in an parked in the front of the huge driveway. I looked at the house and took a sharp breath,

"This bitch is huge, I knew your family was rich but damn" She said looking up and the 340 acre parcel of land.

I laughed looking into her eyes, "Don't worry, I'll be by your side the whole time" She said grabbing my hand.

"Okay, let's do this" I leaned in to give her a kiss

I exited out my Maserati, going to open the door for her. She stepped out in her beautiful dress, holding her bag in the opposite hand. I placed my hand on the small of her back as we approached the door.

The guards who stood at the door looked shocked, to say the least, but nodded at my passing. I could tell Imogen was shaken up but she tried her best to be strong for me. The door was open by the head maid of the house, Margret.

"Sir, Welcome home, everyone is in the dining room waiting" She said as she took our coats

I looked to Imogen and she gave me a smile before we walked to the dining room area which was halfway across the house. She squeezed my hand tight as we approached, inaudible murmurs silenced at our arrival. Everyone's eyes were shockingly not on me, but on Imogen. The silence spoke a thousand words.

"Maxime!" My mother shouted, breaking the silence, standing up, clasping her hands together

This was going to a long night.
******

A little calm before the storm I didn't wanna make this chapter too heavy/overfill it

It's a bit boring but I thought it was cute