Good friends: Game Night

Marinette: Hey, are you free?

Adrien: Hi Mari. Just chilling at the moment in my room. What's up?

Marinette: Do you want to play UMS online for a bit? I need to take my mind off things.

Adrien: Sure I'll load it up.

Marinette: Thank you.

Adrien: Do you want to FaceTime whilst we play? I don't mind lending an ear if you want to vent. You were amazing to me after the broken hand situation.

Marinette: I still can't believe you hit that guy so hard.

Adrien: I can. He deserved it. I can't believe my father still believes I tripped up and punched the wall XD I swear if you weren't there he wouldn't have believed it.

Marinette: Talking about your father, do you want to hear some news? :D

Adrien: Don't tell me you're dating my father, because I'm sorry but we can't be friends anymore.

Marinette: No you idiot! I got the internship. I start next month.

Smiling to herself she sent off the message to Adrien. She knew he'd be happy for her, he'd been asking daily if she'd heard anything from the company. It was the start of her future and she was buzzing from the excitement. Then today happened.

She'd broken up with Luka months ago, and it was herself who had initiated the break up. To make matters worse she'd found someone and introduced them to Luka, to her they were a perfect match. They both meant a lot to her, but that didn't stop it from hurting any less.

As she went for Kitty Sections fitting this afternoon it never crossed her mind that Luka's new girlfriend would be there, and as much as she liked Zoë she was jealous. Jealous for their adoring looks, for their secret stares and loving looks, for the love which was obviously blossoming without any secrets.

Yes Marinette still adored Luka but that wasn't what made her into an emotional wreck. It was the fact that Zoe could give him everything he wanted. That they could have something she would never have. She'd never be able to have that kind of relationship with someone. There was far too much at risk.

Her phone vibrated against the keyboard on her desk and she looked down to see Adrien smiling back at her. Placing her phone on the charging dock she answered the call.

"Hey Mari, congratulations! I'm so happy to be working with you. It'll be so much fun to have you around the office."

Marinette let out a laugh and smiled back at her blonde friend.

"I have you to thank for everything Adrien. Without your help and your little pep talk I doubt I'd be in this position."

"Don't thank me for anything yet, remember you're working with my father." Adrien smiled at the bluenette on the other side of his phone.

"He loves me though, remember?" She sent Adrien a wink causing the blonde model to laugh at the playfulness she had finally began to show around him.

"So, are we playing a three round or five round battle?" Adrien questioned.

"I was actually thinking we could work together tonight and play a tournament, if that's ok with you?"

"Sure, though I will warn you. I'm still in a cast." He lifted his hand up and twisted it in front of the camera. It was a light weight cast meaning he could still access his thumb for some mighty button bashing.