Lovers: Moonlit Dance

"You know, ever since New York you two were seriously pinning for each other." Alya grabbed the bottle of wine and topped up each of their glasses.

Adrien and Marinette were now seated alongside their friends on the patio table. Candles were placed in the middle, supporting the light radiating from the main apartment. Adrien had managed to set up his sound system and music played low out of the open balcony doors. The atmosphere was so romantic, Adrien kind of wished his friends weren't there. Not that he didn't enjoy spending time with them, it's just he wanted Marinette to himself. He had plans for the evening and this would have been ideal.

"I'm not going to lie," Marinette said through bites of her pizza, "it made it incredibly hard to move on from him." She nodded over towards her partner before taking another bite of her pizza.

She wasn't lying. At the time she was hellbent on getting over Adrien Agreste, only to end up under his spell again. She was beginning to understand what made for each other truly meant.

"I just love the fact you got over him, by getting with him." Nino let out a deep laugh as Adrien just smiled. They'd seriously made dating a lot harder and more complicated than it needed to be. He wasn't going to deny that.

"At least I knew all his negatives before making my decision." Laughs went around the table as Adrien glared towards his girlfriend. She shrugged at him, it was a matter of fact.

"Harsh!"

Marinette leaned in towards Adrien and went to kiss him. He moved his head back away from Marinette, and played the most offended face he could muster up. Which when it came to Marinette was not a very good one.

"Oh, suck it up Kitty and kiss me."

Another round of laughter echoed through the night as Adrien allowed Marinette to kiss him gently on his lips. The wine was loosening them up and Alya went for more questions.

"What's the truth with Lila then?"

Adrien answered without a second thought.

"She's a lying psychopath, with a raging superhero complex. Oh, and I'm quite sure she wants to be Mari."

"Plus she's the 'new' Hawkmoth." Marinette added. The shocked gasps of their friends added to the drama she had created.

Happy with the effect, she downed the wine in her glass.

"New Hawkmoth?" Alya questioned.

"What happened to the old one?" Tagged on Nino.

Adrien looked to Marinette for support before taking her hand in his. With a sigh, he let out another of their biggest secrets.

"My father decided to stop being a terrorist."

Nino and Alya gasped at Adrien, before turning their attention to Marinette for confirmation. She nodded to their friends before continuing the story.

"Gabriel was Hawkmoth, Lila has stolen the butterfly Miraculous and we're doing everything in our power to get it back."

"Awkward." Nino announced in a sing-song voice.

"We're over it. The shock at first was ... well ... I had to run around New York as a Cat for a while to let out some unplaced energy and anger, but we've talked it out. Nothing will ever be the same again but I can understand why he was doing it. I'd do the same for the love of my life." Adrien looked towards Marinette, and couldn't stop the smile emerging on his face. They'd come such a long way in such a short space of time.

Suddenly, the music floating from the main apartment changed to a slow tune, a familiar one, one which brought smiles to all the young adults' faces.

"Can I have this dance, M'Lady?" Adrien had stood up and offered his hand out to Marinette with a bow,a move associated with his alter ego.

She smiled towards him, placing her hand into his and rising to her feet.

"Always, mon minou."

Awww rang out from their friends, as Adrien pulled Marinette close into his body and began to sway. A movement familiar to both parties, to a song which meant so much. Their song.

"How about you, Foxy Lady? Want to dance?" Nino offered his hand out to Alya who willingly obliged.

The moon shone down on the balcony, as the song blazed out of the apartment, and Marinette couldn't have fallen more in love with the blonde currently wrapped around her. Everything was just right when they were together, this should have happened sooner. With the added pressures of guardianship, he had become her beacon of hope, the support she needed and the lover she wanted.

"Can you remember Clara Nightingales' music video?" Adrien whispered in her ear.

"Remember it? I was terrified I was going to reveal myself."

Adrien's laugh was quiet and beautiful to her ears.

"I don't know how I didn't guess it was you from how good you looked in spandex."

Now it was Marinette's turn to laugh. It was good to know he ogled her as much as she did him.

"The black leather on yourself was rather fetching. If I hadn't already been madly in love with you, I would have been after that." She admitted, pulling back to see the smile stretched across his face.

"You see me in my super suit almost everyday ... are you telling me Chat Noir isn't as dashing in a skin tight suit as Adrien in leather?" Adrien looked into Marinette's eyes and raised an eyebrow.

"What can I say? I have kinks," she leaned in towards his ear, a smile playing on her lips, "especially when the costume has a zip."

"Now, now, Miss Dupain-Cheng." The two broke into laughter as they continued their melodic sway to the music.

"You two were amazing beating Frightingale; the dance routine, the rhymes ... perfection." Alya and Nino had sashayed their way over to the couple.

"What can I say? We're the meaning of 'made for each other'."

"One-heart, one-soul."

"You guys make me sick." Nino faked vomiting as they all continued to dance into the night.