Growing Closer: Tutoring

The rain hit the side of the building at such force Marinette was surprised it didn't break through. She stared out into the darkening sky as the man in front of her groaned on and on about the colours which would be best for the spring line.

"Green, the colour of Adrien's eyes." She'd spoken without thinking. To be honest she thought she'd said it in her head, it was the only colour which said spring to her. The first that came to mind anyways.

"Interesting choice there Ms Dupain-Cheng." Gabriel looked over at his young intern, face set in his usual bored expression. She could feel the colour rise to her cheeks.

Her eyes met his steal like ones before moving to the blonde next to him. The guy she'd just outed as the perfect spring colour. This was her first week of her internship and it wasn't quite going at planned.

Sitting up straight in her chair she looked back to the guy who was leading the meeting and channeled her inner bug. She'd spoken now. She needed to go through with this.

"You see the shine in Adrien's eyes would reflect perfectly on the style you are trying to introduce for the Spring collection. You see it's the perfect blend of new beginnings and ... um ... freshness." Hopefully her ramblings were enough to deter the conversation from her. Truth being told she'd actually been looking at Adrien's Instagram all morning. How his eyes did things to her that she'd never admit, especially whilst in a room with his scary father.

Over the past week the media frenzy had died down between herself and Adrien, however it seems people now just considered the two of them in a "private" relationship. She'd spoken to Luka during their coffee meet about what she should do. Her friend advised her to go with the flow of her heart and listen to the rhythm he made her heartbeat. When that ended with her telling Luka she wanted to propose to him, her blue streaked friend put a foot down. Apparently asking Adrien to marry her before they'd even ventured on a first date wasn't seen as ideal. Who would have known?

"Adrien green it is." Gabriel announced. "I like that green myself, I can see it fitting with a lot of pastel colours. Good eye, Ms Dupain-Cheng."

"Thank you sir," Marinette felt a warmth of pride, an intern who'd just managed to get a credit in the Spring line colours, perhaps all wasn't too bad. Adrien looked over to her with a bright smile. She could tell he was proud of her and it caused a lovely bubbling feeling in her stomach and heart.

Things hadn't been the same since Adrien had been round to bake with her and she hated it. Not seeing him everyday felt like she'd lost her arm, her left arm to be exact ... her yo-yo arm. He was her power and she needed him there. She understood now the intensity of the crush she'd had on him. It was some crazy miraculous pull. She needed to know where he was, she needed to protect her kitty at all costs. So when things began to change her mood did too. She found herself becoming clingy and stalker-ish. She'd go out her way to try and see just a snippet of him; photoshoots, fencing (luckily she was still friends with Kagami), and even, shamefully, walking past his office numerous times whilst in the Agreste building. Considering it was only her first week on the internship she was worried what the other designers were saying about her.

Worst of all she knew it was to do with her coffee date with Luka. Herself and Luka had slowly became closer over the past couple of months, only because it was now purely platonic and it worked. She loved Adrien, Luka had his own love life going on around him. Things were how they should be, apart from she should be with Adrien not shouting out about her adoration of his eye colour in serious business meetings, where really she shouldn't be talking anyway.

"Last thing on the agenda," Nathalie pulled Marinette back to the job at hand, "New York fashion week is coming up and we need a handful of you out there to help support the brand."