Growing Closer: Commission

Adrien opened the door to a very startled Marinette.

"You're not walking to your death you know!" He closed the door as she walked into the foyer area, he may have said that to her but she was about to come face-to-face with Gabriel Agreste. 

She was most certain she was walking to the stake.

"This is so much Adrien! What if I mess this up? Your fathers going to kill me:"

"I'm not going to kill anyone Miss Dupain-Cheng." Both heroes looked up to find Gabriel Agreste staring down at them from the platform separating the ascending staircases. 

As normal, his hands were securely placed behind his back, glasses on, but for the first time in forever he was wearing a formal tuxedo in his usual white as Nathalie stood beside him in a black cocktail dress. Marinette could feel the cringe of herself, and of Tikki circulate through her body.

"Good evening, Mr Agreste. Thank you for having me here." Marinette panicked and curtsied at the bottom on the staircase causing Adrien to snort out in laughter. 

"Calm it Princess." Adrien whispered into her ear, before turning back to his father. "Father, where would you like Marinette to go to get ready?" 

"The hair and make up stylists are in your room Adrien, you can get yourself ready in one of the guest rooms. I'm guessing that is Adrien's suit which you are holding, Marinette?" Nathalie was making her way down the staircase and towards Marinette, arms stretched out for the garment bag.

"Y-y-yes." Marinette stuttered out. Adrien placed a hand on the small of her back, allowing his thumb to rub circles delicately, hoping to calm her down a little. Why did she always have to panic when everything she did may be a little unorthodox but always worked out in the end?

"Excellent. I'll take that. Adrien, take Marinette to your room and then come to the second guest room. Your suit will be waiting there for you." 

Adrien turned to Marinette and offered her his arm. The smile he was radiating calmed her nerves down no end. What did she ever do without her kitty by her side? 

Now, four weeks after their accidentally reveal Marinette could honestly say she'd never felt so settled and supported. Though, the time she was spending with Adrien could be seen as a little obsessive she wasn't going to let it get to her. Nobody knew what their lives entailed, no one had a clue what they were going through and for the first time in a long time she could genuinely smile. She didn't care what anyone else thought, there was a reason for their sudden development which involved nobody else, their little secret.

"I can't wait to see your dress. Fathers had it under lock and key, so I have no idea what to expect." Adrien was excited, very excited. Even though this wasn't exactly what a normal person would call a date, to him it was that and so much more, even if she didn't realise it. He was finally giving his lady a night out. She was going to be the girl on his arm, the one he would be dancing with tonight.

"It's amazing, Kitty. The last fitting I had it wasn't even finished and I swear I've never worn anything as perfect as this before in my life." Adrien opened his bedroom door and signalled to the stylists that Marinette was ready for them. 

"Out you go, M. Agreste. We have been given strict orders from your father that you do not see Marinette until she is ready." The crazy green haired stylists pretty much chased him out the room, roller brush in hand.

"Ok, I'm going." He decided he was going to make a bold move. For once in his life, as Adrien, he was going to react as he wished and channel his inner Chat Noir. 

Stepping forward towards Marinette he placed both hands on her waist and pulled her close. Her face created that lovely pink tinge he liked so much, as his lips met her cheek.