2. Revealed

You parked the vehicle in the driveway and saw Chaerin waiting for you at your doorstep. After getting out of the car, you made your way over to her as she greeted you with a hug.

"Y/n-ahh, are you okay?" She worriedly asked.

You looked up at her and sighed. "Let's head inside and we'll talk..." She nodded in response understandingly. The two of you entered your home and took off your shoes and coats before going into the living room.

"You know what? I just don't even understand." You huffed whilst slumping yourself on the soft couch. "I feel like I was so blinded by love that I didn't see the obvious signs until realisation hit me when I was in the car. And I'm not even going to say that I was lacking something, because I wasn't.

I cared for him so much, I loved him so much. I made delicious food for him, looked after his mother when he wasn't available to, walked with him through tough times and so much more!" You explained everything fully to your best friend who stayed quiet, listening to everything you were saying.

"I understand y/n-" The sound of a car parking was heard by the two of you.

"It's Namjoon!" You told her after peeking out the window.

"I guess I should get going now." Chaerin commented, knowing that some stuff was about to go down.

You bid her goodbye as Namjoon watched you before glancing at Chaerin who was walking out of the house, confused as to what was going on.

"What was she doing here?" He chuckled as he took his blazer off.

You analysed his appearance and noticed that his shirt looked creased and ruffled, as if someone crazily ran their hands all over it. He turned around to face you, alerting you to break your focused stance and look back at him.

"What's up with your shirt? It looks like a child shoved their hands all over it." You chuckled back at him.

His eyes slightly widened for a second before going back to normal. "Oh yeah, one of the employees had to bring their kid and they stayed in my office for a bit."

"Is that so..." You squint your eyes at him.

Namjoon looked at you with a confused look on his face. "What's with that face y/n?" He asked.

"Y/n huh? Not sweetie? Or honey? Or is it because you have transferred from calling me those names to someone else?" You stated fiercely.

"W-What are you talking about?" He stuttered.

You took a deep breath. "Don't even act like you don't know what I am talking about. You know exactly what you've been doing these past months. I know that you are having an affair."

His eyes widened as his breath hitched. He took a step closer to you and tried to hold your hand, but you yanked your arm away and stepped away from him.

"Don't Namjoon. My parents called me yesterday telling us to come over for dinner with both our parents. Just get ready and we'll go." You said coldly.

Namjoon just nodded and rushed upstairs, noticing how serious you were and that you weren't going to take this situation lightly. Society would have expected you to 'forgive and forget' since you were the wife of your husband, but you weren't having that BS.

You quickly got yourself ready to look at least somewhat presentable, even though you were hurting inside. You got yourself in the driver's seat of the car and waited for Namjoon to enter. Once he did, you didn't spare a glance and immediately started the engine and drove to your parents house.

Finally, you arrived at your parents house and stepped out of the car. After taking a deep breath from the fresh air, you strolled up to the door and knocked on it. A few seconds later, the door opened revealing your father.

"My daughter!" He greeted you with the fatherly hug.

"Hi appa!"

You entered the home and greeted your mom and Namjoon's parents. As usual, your mother-in-law hugged you tight and complimented you for the millionth time. You giggled and flashed a smile at her.

"Ah my Namjoonie! Come here!" His mother led him to the dinner table and tucked him on the chair.

"Eomma! I am a grown man now..." He voiced, feeling a little embarrassed.

"Y/n-ah, come and help me with the food hm?" You nodded at your mother-in-law.

Walking into the kitchen, you helped her take some plates from the counter to the dining table where everyone else was seated, patiently waiting for the dinner. You and Mrs Kim placed the plates onto the table as she began to serve Mr Kim. You also served your parents out of respect since your in-laws were present of course.

Soon after, Namjoon was the last one waiting to be served. "Y/n dear, help Namjoon." Mrs Kim asked.

You glanced at him and saw him sitting with a smug look on his face, basically saying, 'yeah y/n, help serve me'. You placed the plate and utensils in front of him, catching him off guard.

"Serve yourself, Namjoon." You stated with a smile and fire in your eyes.

Both your parents eyed the two of you, wondering what on earth was cooking up. Just as Mrs Kim was about to say something, Namjoon cut her off saying that it was fine before putting the food on the plate himself. The dinner continued on with no fights but with casual chatter between you and the parents.

"So y/n, any news with your job?" Your father-in-law asked.

"Oh right, I've gotten news I may be promoted!" You revealed happily. The elders congratulated you to which you thanked them.

You worked at a company in Seoul and were currently working up to one of the highest ranks, the CEO. Amazing right? As a woman, you felt proud of yourself since most of the CEOs, bosses and directors were mostly male dominated. (Not all were males, but most were).

After the dinner, you, your mom and your father-in-law helped to clear the table and bring all the cutlery into the kitchen for washing up. Your father-in-law offered to help you wash the dishes and stood beside you as you both talked about life. After the others weren't present near the kitchen, he began to initiate a serious conversation.

"Y/n dear, I noticed the silence between you and Namjoon. Are you two doing okay? Couple's fight?" He asked.

"Well, I guess you could say that. He made a choice, an unforgivable choice in my eyes." You sadly sighed.

"What happened?" Mr Kim worriedly asked.

"He...he's been having an affair."