16. Goodbyes

"You would expect say something like 'stupid b word' not inhuman hostile?" Jongsuk commented.

"People like Nana would call the people they dislike the most horrid things possible. All she is trying to do is ruin the CEO y/n's life. It all makes sense like that anyway." Hyungsik replied to his partner.

Meanwhile: 📌Conference hall

You were seated at a table at the front of a hall as reporters were currently asking you questions about the library incident at your company. Luckily, the 'building error' was actually kind of true since the engineers and builders found that the bookshelves weren't stable.

"Miss y/n! What happened at the library?" A reporter asked.

"Engineering and building workers found that the shelves were not stable, therefore making them fall after a long time." You answered in a professional manner.

"What about the employees?" Another reporter asked.

You fixed your posture on the chair, "The company will be closed until further notice for workers to check the building and refurbish it."

"What do you have to say about the crazy lady who was causing a commotion?"

"Of course that kind of behaviour is completely unacceptable. She has been dealt with by authorities." You replied.

"No more questions now, the conference has now concluded. Thank you." The manager spoke. All the reporters took their notes and laptops before leaving the conference hall.

After they all left the room, you collected your own things and exited the hall through the back door for you, the manager, the security staff etc. Just as you were exiting from the building, you received a call from none other than Taehyung.

"Y/n-ah! How did the conference go?"

"It went well, they just asked about the building and Nana." You chuckled.

"Oh of course they would!" Taehyung snickered over the phone. "Hey do you wanna meet up? Please~" He whined.

"Yess, but I actually need to collect my stuff from Mr and Mrs Kim's house and bring them to my parents home."

"Alright, I'll come pick you up and drop you."

You slid your phone into your pocket and waited for Taehyung's car to pull up. Moments later, his black car stopped in front of you before you got into the passenger seat.

"Kim's house?" He asked to which you nodded. "Yah~ I'm glad you closed the company, I don't have to go to work for the meantime." He cheekily grinned.

You dramatically sighed, "Ohh I should open it up again just for you, huh?"

"NO! I m-mean, there is no need for that..." Taehyung gulped, making you laugh. "What?" He glanced at you.

"I was just joking Tae! I'm not going to open up the company yet." You let out a chuckle.

The time had flown by quite fast due to yours and Taehyung's never ending chatter that you found yourself staring out of the window, realising that he had parked in front of Namjoon's parents house. You took a deep breath before stepping out of the car whilst Taehyung stayed seated inside the vehicle.

You strolled your way to the front door and knocked on it. Mrs Kim opened the door and gasped upon being met with your sudden arrival. "Y/n dear! Come on in, it's chilly out there."

Mrs Kim rushed you inside as you removed your shoes, "Ah, eom-Mrs Kim, I'm here to take my belongings actually..." You looked at your saddened ex mother-in-law.

She sighed before nodding, "Alright..."

After making your way up the carpeted stairs, you went into the bedroom and collected your clothing, bath stuff etc. Neatly placing all the items in a suitcase, your gaze directed to the nightstand where yours and Namjoon's photo was shown on display. You sat on the edge of the bed and took hold of the frame, grazing your fingertips over the glass.

"All the memories, promises and love...gone. Just flushed down the drain because of one person's choice." You mumbled to yourself. "I'm sorry for what the future awaited you." You whispered to the y/n in the picture who was smiling so brightly and lovingly.

You placed the frame back and took hold of your suitcase, carrying it down the stairs. Mr and Mrs Kim stood in the hallway and directed their heads to you upon hearing the sound of footsteps. Mr Kim walked over to you and crushed you with a fatherly hug.

"I'm sorry I have to let you go...I really wish that things were different y/n. Good luck for the future, I hope you meet someone who will take good care of you." Your eyes couldn't help but water at Mr Kim's small and heartfelt speech.

"I will make sure to see you soon ap-Mr Kim.." A glistening tear rolled down your cheek.

You pulled away from Mr Kim and looked over at Mrs Kim who opened up her arms for you. She wrapped her small arms around you and gently caressed your back. "Dear...I hate to see you go. Please take care of yourself, okay? You are doing great with your company, I can only see good things coming your way."

You quickly nodded at Mrs Kim's words and wiped your tears away before bidding goodbye to the elders and exiting the house. Walking back to the car, you placed the suitcase in the trunk and turned to face Taehyung who was leaning on the vehicle.

"Are you okay?" He worriedly asked as he gently placed his hands on each side of your jaw, examining your cheeks that were a little wet.

"I-I don't know-" A small sob escaped as you clasped your hand over your mouth.

Taehyung gently brought your head to his chest as he stroked your hair. His embrace and touch made you feel safe. Your arms wrapped around his torso as you quietly sobbed into his chest, releasing all your emotions.

"Shh, you're okay." He whispered as he patted your head.