18. I love you

The bright, morning sun shone brightly on your face, forcing your eyes to flutter open after being blinded by the natural light. You squinted your eyes as you felt that your head was leaning on something hard but soft at the same time.

Why is the pillow so hard?

Lifting your head, you glanced to the side and shrieked when you saw a man lying very close to you. The loud noise which escaped from your mouth caused the male to flinch and wake up with a groan. You analysed his face and smacked your forehead after realising that it was just Taehyung.

Wait, Taehyung and me in the same...bed...

"What was that about y/n..." Taehyung whined at the shriek noise you made.

"I'm sorry, you just scared me for a second. I thought I was alone." You chuckled. "WAIT! We didn't...do anything did we?" Your eyes widened at the thought.

"What? No! We didn't do anything like that. We just talked and then you fell asleep and didn't want me to leave and then this happened." Taehyung sighed.

"Oh right, I remember. My bad." You giggled at your silliness.

However, Taehyung was too busy admiring your smiley face and enjoying the sound of your giggles. To others, it might be seen as 'cringey' or whatever, but to him, he was just lovingly looking at the person he loves.

"I'm gonna go wash up." You voiced and stepped off the bed, heading into the bathroom with the sunlight making you look like an angel.

After doing your morning routine, you went downstairs and decided to prepare a lovely breakfast to surprise Taehyung. You cooked some kongnamul bab and soup with some side dishes. The aroma of the cooking crept around the house until they were met with Taehyung.

He sniffed the air and instantly fell in love with the smell, trailing downstairs and into the kitchen to see you prepping the plates. He seated himself on the table and stared at the dishes in front of his eyes.

"This looks so good y/n!" He voiced as he took the chopsticks and took some bites from the food. "This is delicious!"

"My mom taught me how to make this." You smiled and dug into the feast.

Not only is she so strong and hard working, she's an amazing cook too, he thought as he glanced at you from time to time.

After finishing your breakfast, you picked up your plates and took them into the kitchen, placing them into the sink. You smiled when Taehyung joined you and helped you to wash the dishes.

"So, any news with the company?" He asked, starting up a conversation.

"Well, they said they're going to go through the whole building and refurbish it. They're also adding new rooms and just making it look better." You replied as you washed a plate with the lukewarm water. "I'm just so glad that excuse with the shelves being unstable worked."

"Same, just imagine everyone wondering why the shelves collapsed all of a sudden." Taehyung chuckled in response.

"I actually decided to keep the company closed for a few months. Just save everyone the trouble." You announced.

"Yay! We can all relax now." Taehyung dramatically cheered.

You laughed at his jokey behaviour whilst drying a plate with a dish towel. Just as you placed the plate away, you felt a pair of hands grip onto your waist and turn you around. Looking at Taehyung with a surprised expression, he just smiled and leaned forward.