3. Mirror on the wall

"What?" Mr Kim exclaimed. "An...affair?" He lowered his voice. You nodded in response as he trailed his hand over his chin.

Flashback - A few months ago

You had just finished cooking up a delicious meal for your husband to enjoy when he entered the kitchen to grab a glass of water.

"Hey Joon, I prepared your meal for work." You smiled.

He just gulped down the glass of water. "...Ah it is fine I will have lunch at work. I have to go now, bye." Just like that, he left the house and went straight to work.

What's up with him acting like this all of a sudden? Maybe he is just stressed from work.

You shook off your thoughts and got ready for your own day at work.

Meanwhile at Namjoon's workplace...

Namjoon sat at his office desk as he munched on a meal bought by someone else. Yes, he had refused yours because he was accepting someone else. That someone else happened to be another employee at his workplace.

"Do you like it?" A voice echoed throughout the office cabin.

Namjoon looked up from his desk to see the employee standing at the other side. He shifted in his seat and smiled. "Did you make it yourself?" He asked.

"No, I brought it on the way here." She responded. Namjoon sighed and placed the chopsticks down on the desk, making the lady feel confused.

"Can't you at least cook food?" He spoke with a little anger in the tone of his voice.

The lady furrowed her eyebrows. "But what is the problem?"

"You can't cook so you brought food that doesn't taste that good. Y/n can cook better than this!" He angrily exclaimed.

"Then why don't you eat her cooking huh? All you do is complain! I'm not y/n! You are always wanting one thing or another. I am your girlfriend!" Nana yelled back.

"You know what, I don't have time for your nonsense. Just leave for now Nana..."

End of flashback

Suddenly, your mother walked into the kitchen making you and Mr Kim finish off whatever needed washing and drying. You finished washing the last plate before turning to face her.

"Hey eomma."

"Y/n, it's getting late and Namjoon said you two are going to get going soon." Your mom said.

"Ah, okay." You responded and exited from the kitchen.

Upon entering the living, your eyes lay on Namjoon who was casually sitting on the couch glaring at you. However, that look was wiped off of his face when both your parents came in. Namjoon stood up and bowed to them.

"We will get going now. Thank you for dinner!" He said.

"No problem. Get home safe~" His mother cooed at him with his father standing beside her not buying whatever was going on.

"Bye eomma, bye appa!" You waved at them before walking out of the house with Namjoon.

This time Namjoon sat in the driver's seat and you sat in the front seat. You turned your head to the side and saw him eyeing you with a glare.

"What?" You asked.

"Whatever stunt you pulled today was unacceptable y/n! You embarrassed me in front of our parents, huh! Stop being dramatic and just stick to helping out in the home instead of creating drama." He huffed, making you scoff.

"You're one to talk about drama." You said as he started driving.

"Me? Drama?" He replied in anger.

"Yes! If you just stayed loyal to me none of this would be happening!" Unknowingly, a tear rolled down your cheek. Ever since the news of Namjoon's affair unfolded, you never once cried. But you did feel extremely heartbroken and hurt. All those emotions were now unfolding in the car.

Just after Namjoon switched the car engine off, you immediately stepped out of the car and ran inside the house, not caring if he was calling your name or not. You entered the bathroom and changed out of your clothes into your nightwear. As you were doing that, Namjoon was busy in the bedroom on the phone to Nana.

"Joonie babyyy, will you come to work early tomorrow?" You heard them talking from behind the bedroom door.

"For what? There aren't any urgent meetings going on." He replied.

"I know but I want to spend some time with you. See you tomorrow Namu." Nana said. After their phone call ended, you exited the bathroom and received a glance from Namjoon. You ignored his look and strolled towards the door of the bedroom.

"Where are you going?" Namjoon asked with his arms folded.

"I'm going to sleep in the guest room." You replied coldly and walked straight out of the bedroom and into the guest room.

The next morning

You splashed the lukewarm water over your face, washing away your face wash before drying off the water with a towel. You applied some cream to your face and a strawberry lip balm before staring at your reflection in the mirror. Namjoon had already left the house before you had woken up, obviously to meet his mistress as requested by her.

You stared into your own eyes in the mirror and saw the anger mixed with sadness in them. The more you thought about Namjoon's actions and the words he spoke in the car yesterday, the more fire ignited inside you. You didn't realise your piercing stare at the mirror in anger until suddenly, a crack formed in the glass, spreading across the entire mirror.

The sound of the glass cracking snapped you out from your focused state. You took a step back and analysed the mirror, surprised and shocked at what on earth just happened.

"D-Did...did I do this?" You whispered to yourself.

You gently brushed your finger over the glass to make sure that your eyes weren't playing. It was real. What the heck? You carefully opened the cabinet (the mirror is on the outside of the cabinet, inside is all the bathroom stuff) to see if there was anything inside that may have caused the crack. There was nothing that could have physically caused the mirror to crack.

_______

"Oh wow..." Chaerin gasped as she examined the mirror. "And you are sure nothing hit this or anything?"

"Yes!" You exclaimed impatiently. "I was literally staring into the mirror in anger and it suddenly cracked." You chuckled at the silly thought you had in the back of your mind: What if I have some mind power thing? Haha of course not, don't be silly y/n.

"Well, there isn't really a rational explanation for this. I don't think mirrors break on their own, unless your house is haunted." Chaerin commented.

"Haunted? Nah." You replied. "But it was...it is kind of weird. The moment I was so focused and angry when I was staring into the mirror, it cracked." You gestured a boom with your hands.

You looked at Chaerin with a 'can we try something' look in your eyes. She sighed in response and gestured to you to follow her downstairs into your kitchen. You sat down on the kitchen stool as she grabbed a glass cup and placed it in front of you.

"If this is...real...this might work." She said. "As crazy and unreal as this sounds, do whatever you were doing to the mirror to this cup."

"I can't believe we're doing this." You laughed to yourself.

You shifted in your seat and got into a comfortable position on the stool. Leaning your head a little forward, you focused your eyes and mind on the glass cup in front of you. Your eyes locked with your own eyes in the reflection. A minute had now passed and nothing happened.

"This probably isn't going to work-" Chaerin was cut off by the sound of glass shattering all over the counter. Her eyes widened as she looked at the fragments laying on the counter. "Holy shit..."