6. More powers

Days had now passed ever since the truth had been revealed to Mrs Kim. Of course, you were distant towards Namjoon and your father-in-law completely understood. However, your mother-in-law? Not so very much....

"Y/n dear, I need to talk to you." She said, bringing you to an empty room. "Please end this fight you're having with Namjoon. I've already scolded him, and even slapped him!"

You were taken back by her words. "But mom-"

"No y/n. I've taught Namjoon a lesson. Please just forgive him and stop this fight, you're breaking the family and this household." Mrs Kim spoke, making you widen your eyes at her in shock.

Me? Breaking the family? How the heck am I the one responsible?

But you couldn't exactly say your thoughts to your mother-in-law or else it would be seen as rude.

"Mom...I can't just forgive him-"

"Y/n." She said in a stern voice. "I want you to forgive him and forget this happened alright? Stop these silly fights." She finished off her 'lecture' and strolled out of the room leaving you alone.

You stayed standing there, feeling angry and upset. Why didn't your mother-in-law understand you? You can't just 'forgive and forget' your husband having an affair! However, Namjoon was a complete mommy's boy. Mrs Kim had always treated her son as if he was a king, and it showed.

You groaned in annoyance that Mrs Kim had told you this. Just at that moment, the lightbulb on the ceiling blew out, sending it's fragments to scatter all over the floor. A short shriek escaped your voice box as you flinched backwards.

"Oh my goodness..." You whispered to yourself. The lightbulb had literally just exploded.

A few seconds later, the sound of footsteps erupted from the hallway. The door opened to reveal your father-in-law and Namjoon who gasped at the sight of glass pieces on the floor.

"What did you do y/n?" Namjoon angrily asked.

"I didn't do that!" You responded in disbelief at how he was so quick to assume it was you. Well, maybe it kind of was you, but you couldn't openly tell them that you found out you could do crazy cool things with your mind.

Usually, if something like this happened before Namjoon would instantly ask if you were okay and would check you all over for cuts or any injuries. If you did, he would use his time to care of you as a loving husband. But now, it was completely different.

You would be lying if you said it didn't hurt. It did.

"There might have been a fuse, there's smoke coming out of the bulb." Your father-in-law voiced. "We will get it fixed and tidied, don't make a fuss out of it Namjoon."

Namjoon looked at his father and nodded as he muttered a quick "sorry" before helping to pick up the glass pieces.

Damn it y/n! Now you're even making my dad scold me over the smallest things! Namjoon thought in his mind.

Suddenly, a second lightbulb fell to the ground and smashed against the floor.

"Oh goodness!" Mr Kim exclaimed. He looked up at the light where the remaining two lightbulbs stayed. "There are some wires hanging off, it must have been loose causing it to break." He explained.

You breathed a sigh of relief knowing that his explanation made sense because imagine if it went like this:

"Oh my god how did that break?" Mr Kim asked.

"I got angry and the lightbulb broke because I have these crazy but super cool mind power things, almost like Matilda! That's what happened." You explained to the two males.

"Are you crazy y/n? You've gone mental!" Namjoon exclaimed. "Always creating drama, now you're making up a stupid telekinesis drama!"

Exactly.

"Uh appa?" He hummed in response. "I'll go to the store and buy some new light bulbs."

"Alright y/n." Mr Kim replied as he continued to help clean the glass.

You strolled into your room and grabbed your jacket, purse and shoes, getting ready to head down to the appliance store. Upon reaching the last step, Mrs Kim stood in front of you with a frown on her face.

"Y/n I heard some commotion, what's going on?" She asked.

"Two light bulbs fell from the ceiling so I'm going to buy some new ones from the store." You informed her nicely.

To your surprise, she held her hand out in front of you, preventing you from walking any further. "You should be cleaning up, not my son."

You sighed. "I'm sorry mom, but I've told dad and he is fine with this."

You quickly scurried away from your mother-in-law and skipped out of the front door. As you walked through the empty streets, you couldn't help but feel a little irritated with your mother-in-law's actions and words lately.

"First she was telling me to continue serving Namjoon, then she told me to forgive Namjoon for having a literal affair and now she was telling me that I should be cleaning up instead of her son?" You angrily ranted to yourself in whispers as you walked to the appliance store.

"I am not Namjoon's slave. I'm glad father-in-law understands me though, better than no one." You sighed and looked ahead of you.

Soon after, you finally reached the appliance store and entered the building. Searching through the aisles, you scanned the shelves for the item you needed. Finally after some time, you found the light bulbs which were used in your parents-in-law's home.

Grabbing the boxes, you walked over to checkouts and paid for the light bulbs. However, just as you were about to leave, the cashier's voice made you halt in your tracks.

"You're quite stunning I must say." You turned around and glared at the man who seemed like he was in his late 40s. "Maybe we can have some fun sometime huh?" He disgustingly smirked whilst looking at you up and down.

"What did you just say?" You spat, glaring at him intensely.

"I said you look hot- ARGH!" The old man suddenly groaned loudly as the chair he sat on flipped over, making him fall to the ground.

Nobody heard him since no one else was around as it was six in the evening. You placed the boxes on the counter for a second before walking around the cashier stand and stood over him.

"W-What on earth? How did you do that you crazy woman!" He exclaimed as he rubbed his hips.

"If you ever say something like this again to any other person I won't hesitate to do this again." You pierced bullets into him with your eyes.

"I-I am sorry I won't s-say it ever again!" He pleaded pathetically.

You huffed and blew a few strands of hair away from your face before picking up the boxes and casually walking out of the appliance store.