8. Divorce papers

"There is one more thing too." You voiced.

"Which is?" Mr Kim asked.

You sighed, "Tomorrow I'm going to get divorce papers."

Your father-in-law comfortingly patted your shoulder, "If that's what you want to do, go for it. Just beware of your mother-in-law, she might get, you know..."

"More taunts." You chuckled.

"Yeah aha." Mr Kim laughed along. "You go take some rest okay? I'll go and speak with Namjoon."

You nodded in response and decided to go shower whilst Mr Kim got ready to have a chat with his son. Sunghoon (Mr Kim) made his way downstairs and called out for his son who obediently followed his father into a separate room.

"Yes appa?" Namjoon nervously voiced, not being used to getting scolded by his dad.

"Namjoon-ah, do you not see that what you have done is wrong?" Sunghoon said sternly to his son. "You're having an affair damn it. You've been with y/n for so long, you even took her hand in marriage yet you do this? I am ashamed of you Namjoon."

"I am not the one who stayed home all day doing easy work whilst I was working hard in the company!" Namjoon huffed.

"What? Your wife works at a company too, now the CEO of that company. Do you hear yourself right now?" Sunghoon raised his voice. "She stayed home when she didn't work on those specific days, what do you expect her to do? She took care of the home so you could come home to a clean environment whilst you were out with Nana doing goodness knows what!"

Namjoon looked up at his father and raised his nose, "I was with Nana at the company, working. But that isn't the point! The point is you're all going against me over one thing and treating y/n like a queen, boosting her ego!"

Mr Kim could only visibly shake his head at his son's deranged mindset, "If you want to lose y/n and be Nana's pet, then your wish if granted. You're going to divorce, y/n will bring you the papers tomorrow."

"What? Divorce?" Namjoon gasped.

"Yes, a divorce Namjoon."

The next day

You strode out of the Family Court with the divorce papers in your hands. Finally. As you sat in your car and started driving back to the house, you remembered your father-in-law's words about your mother-in-law.

Honestly thinking about it, your mother-in-law didn't really act how she was acting now, before the whole affair had been revealed. She was nice to you and complimented you a lot like when it was the company gathering. It was only after finding out about her son's affair, she started taunting you.

Maybe she thought it was your fault he was having an affair? Maybe it was because she viewed her Namjoon as the perfect son and the affair really shocked her. Putting yourself in your mother-in-law's shoes, you could slightly see where she was coming from.

She must have thought you weren't doing something right and that's why Namjoon had an affair. But that was all completely wrong. It wasn't you who was doing or did something wrong, it was Namjoon. Her 'perfect' son.

Soon after, you arrived at the house and exited the vehicle, walking into the home with the papers. You mentally prepared yourself for Mrs Kim's rants and entered the home.

"You're back!" Mrs Kim exclaimed from the living room. "What's that?" She asked, noticing the papers.

"It's-" You stopped once you saw Namjoon walk in before continuing with your words. "It's divorce papers. I've already signed them, it's your turn to." You spoke, handing them to Namjoon.

Mrs Kim stood up from the couch in disbelief. "Divorce papers? Now you're continuing your drama with divorce? I already told you to stop tormenting my son." She scoffed.

"Mother-in-law, this is divorce by agreement. Clearly Namjoon has someone else he wants to run around with and I have no reason to be with this man anymore. Divorce is the best solution."

"Divorce divorce divorce!" Mrs Kim raised her voice mockingly.

"If you didn't want us to divorce then maybe you should have rethinked treating Namjoon like a king because look at what it's come to. He doesn't even realise his mistakes and can't hold himself responsible for his actions." You proudly spoke and eyed Namjoon. "Go on, I can't waste any more time."

Namjoon nervously sighed before grabbing a pen. Upon hearing the noise of Mrs Kim's yelling, Mr Kim came into the room to see you and Namjoon with the divorce papers, instantly understanding what was going on. You glanced at your father-in-law who made an 'ok' sign with his hands.

Namjoon's hands slightly trembled as he held the pen above the signature line on the paper. You eyed his movements and felt confused as to why he was shaking.

Why is he so nervous about signing the divorce? This is what he wants after cheating, what did he expect?

Finally, Namjoon managed to sign his signature with the black ink before placing the papers into the envelope, "I'll get these sent to the Family Court later." He pat your shoulder reassuringly before walking away.

Suddenly, Namjoon's phone began to ring and he read the caller ID, "Mr Lee?" He pressed onto the green circle and held the phone near his ear. "Anyeonghaseyo sir."

"Anyeonghaseyo. I called to inform you that there will be another gathering as there will be an agreement signed between Lee Inc and Choe's Corp." Mr Lee said.

"Ah I see. What time is it scheduled for?" Namjoon asked.

"It is set to begin at seven. Make sure to be there with your wife as she is the CEO now." Mr Lee chuckled over the phone.

However, Namjoon did not like how you were now a CEO and he was still in the boss position.

"Alright Mr Lee. Me and y/n will see you there, goodbye." With that, Namjoon ended the call.

He strolled around the house until he found you drinking a glass of water in the kitchen. For a few seconds, he stared at you and admired your features before clearing his throat and making his way over to you. You heard the sound and turned around to face your soon to be ex-husband.

"Mr Lee called me to inform us that there's going to be another gathering with the companies about the signing of an agreement." He informed you.

"Alright, what time?" You asked.

"Seven o'clock..." He said, glancing over to the clock and gasping to see that the agreement was going to start in forty minutes. "Oh damn, quickly go and get ready so we can leave. I'll tell eomma and appa."

You nodded before quickly rushing upstairs to change into a formal dress suitable for the company gathering. You removed your hair from the low bun it was in and set it free, making your hair look long, luscious and wavy. After getting fully dressed, you headed downstairs and saw Namjoon standing at the doorway in a white button up shirt tucked into black pants.

He looked up after hearing the sound of your heels and kept glancing at you. You noticed him continuously glancing at you and just ignored him, walking straight to the car and sitting in it.

Time skip - The company agreement gathering

You and Namjoon entered the hall which was different from the one before. You recognised some of the people who worked at your company and Namjoon recognised a specific employee from the one he worked at, Nana. She looked over to him and noticed how you were standing beside him.

They're getting a divorce but she is still with him. Is she trying to get him back again? Huh. Good thing I already organised something fun...She thought.

(Nana had known about the divorce because Namjoon had texted her about it after signing the papers).