19. Questions

"That was quite unprofessional, you need a warrant to do this!" You exclaimed, shaking off their hold on you as you were seated in the back middle seat of the obsidian car.

"We apologise for the sudden departure from your home. There's the warrant." Agent Jongsuk pointed at another man who was dressed in black agent attire, holding up a warrant.

A sigh escaped your mouth as you leaned back onto the black seat, staring at the world through the windshield directly in front you. The same warrant was shown to Taehyung before both drivers in each car drove to the NIS headquarters. After watching the trees and clouds go by, the vehicle came to a stop at a big, private, modern and secure building.

Stepping out of the car, your gaze landed on a metal sign which was placed on the building, right above the main and strongly secured main doors.

__________________

NIS - The National Intelligence Service

'Anonymous dedication to freedom and truth'

__________________

Wow, these guys weren't playing when they said they were NIS agents...Just wow...

You were escorted into the building before Taehyung, taken through the hallways and into an interrogation room. One of the guards pulled out the chair, signalling for you to be seated as the others stood behind the black screen window. Agent Jongsuk sat at the other side of the table, joining his hands together with his elbows propped on the solid material.

"As you know already, you're only here to answer some questions so don't worry about anything else." Jongsuk stated with his professional tone of voice.

Your breath hitched as you nodded, shutting your eyes for a second to remind yourself that Taehyung was present and nothing bad was going to happen. After all, his aura and presence made you feel safe. You could literally feel it.

"So, you're the CEO of Choe's corp." You nodded to him. "And you've recently had a divorce, am I correct?" The agent asked.

"Yes, I have. But what does my personal life have anything to do with this?" You asked.

"Well, upon an investigation with Park Nana, we have to ask you a few questions. It's part of our duty." Jongsuk replied, noticing your frown upon hearing the name of Nana. "Anyway, based on information collected it seems like you and Nana do not have good chemistry."

"Of course we don't. That woman is seriously delusional and childish. She's caused enough drama already." You replied with a bit of anger. Not at the agent of course, but about Nana. "And don't even get me started on what she did at a company gathering."

Jongsuk's mouth fell agape before nodding, understanding what you were talking about. "I see, you must be angry about that, of course." He stated as he placed a tablet on the table which displayed footage of the company event.

Everything from Mr Lee getting hit on the head to the red paint drenching you could be seen.

"That day was supposed to be very important, but it was ruined. That was my first company event I attended as a CEO and I was humiliated instead." Your gaze saddened as you saw the despair in your own eyes through the footage.

After answering a few more harmless questions, the interrogation had concluded. The guards escorted you out of the room and through the hallways until you finally reached the main entrance. Pressing a card against a scanner, the guards opened the entrance for you to leave the headquarters.

You bowed to the security and stepped down the cloud white marble steps. Looking up, your eyes lit up fireworks as you saw Taehyung waiting for you. The male glanced up from the concrete ground and opened his arms the moment his eyes lay on you.

You skipped into his arms and tightly wrapped yours around his torso. "Y/n-ah, it's good to see you safe." Taehyung mumbled into your ear.

"Of course I'm safe Tae! These guys aren't bad people, they're NIS agents." You chuckled and playfully hit his arm, earning a babyish whine from him.

"I know I know... I'm just glad they didn't...you know, lock you up or something." He whispered the last words in your ear. "I was afraid if your power would have been accidentally revealed out of anger..."

Your soft hands travelled to his jaw, gently cupping his face as if he were a delicate piece of art to be broken upon a tight hold. "Well, that didn't happen because of you."

Taehyung replied with a 'what do you mean' look.

"I mean the way you've helped me control these abilities, coach Taehyung." You nudged him with your elbow and winked.

"Ah you're too much..." Taehyung 'brushed' his hair away from his forehead when he was really just attempting to hide his tinted cheeks.

"They look very happy together." One of the security guards mentioned as he saw you with Taehyung outside before the two of you left.

"Oh definitely! Love in the air, love everywhere~" A second guard sang to the first guard.

"Yah stupid, go get on with your job."

_______

"That concludes the investigation. We'll have Nana arrested on spreading misinformation and public assault on Mr Lee. That impact to his head could have ended his life, attempted murder!" Agent Hyungsik announced the status of the investigation.

"Yes, sir."