7 | HOMIE, LOVER AND FRIEND

Mattia steps out for a run, He leaves in a black vest and brown shorts with a shoulder strap for his phone, "Siri, play 'lose yourself by Eminem'" Mattia wears his headphones and begins jogging, he jogs for about half a mile, some kids recognize him from tiktok and wave at him, he waves back and smiles then keeps jogging, while jogging Ale's voice keeps echoing in his head, he tries ignoring it by upping the volume of the music, but it continues "I liked you Mattia..."

"...You're trouble..."

"...We're better of as friends." Those where the exact words he kept on hearing over and over again. He removes his headphones then begin to take deep breaths.

"Hey get out of the way" A man yelled hunking with Mattia in his Car's way, Mattia had just realized he was on the road and no longer on the side walk.

"I'm so sorry" Mattia apologizes then leaves the road and heads home.

Later that night, Mattia begins cyber stalking Alejandro on instagram checking his tagged locations and others, He watches a couple of Alejandro's tiktok, he can't help himself he begins to jerk off to Ale's tiktoks he imagines an erotic scene playing in his head while he wanks after his nutting session he feels really bad and is still in shock of what he did, he immediately carries his phone and blocks Ale on tiktok, he puts his phone down and falls on his bed backwards then exhales.

Thursday morning, Mattia walks to school with Kairi, they part ways when getting to the school gates, Mattia had his first four periods free, so he was in the library studying, the bell rings for fifth period which was Spanish, Mattia cuts class to keep reading until recess.

Mattia is being served by the lunch lady, he seems to not like the food but he takes it anyways he walks down into the cafeteria with his tray and looks around, he sees Ale and Alvaro gisting on the other side, he ignores them, Kairi walks up to him, they both look for where to sit, "Yo homies, come sit over here" Ale shouts from afar and waves to them, at first Mattia is surprised then he fakes a smile and they both go sit with them. Mattia plays with his food while the boys talk. "Did you hear we're going to start having voluntary midnight classes?" Alejandro turns over to Mattia to ask "No I did not" Mattia responds

"It's probably because we have very little time before we start our SATs" Kairi states.

"What are we? In college?" Alvaro asks "that is absolutely insane I'm definitely not coming"

"It is voluntary anyways" says Ale

"Even if it wasn't, he still won't come" Mattia says. The boys laugh.

Mattia drags Alvaro out of the cafeteria after recess, they walk hurriedly down the hallway "can you explain to me, what just happened down there" Mattia asks

"You tell me" Alvaro says

"Has he gone mad?" Mattia referring to Alejandro "So last week he breaks up with me and now he acts like everything is just fine"

"Pretty much"

"He called me his homie"

"Nope, he called you and Kairi homies"

"Same thing! Me and Ale just can't work"

"Yes you can, you can be his homie, lover and friend"

"You know some times I just don't get you....actually all the time" Mattia walks over to the boy's locker room and sees roshaun setting the place up

"What are you doing here?" Mattia asks.

"I'm sleeping here" Roshaun answers. Mattia is still confused "since I can't be going home and coming back to school in time for midnight classes, I decided I'd sleep here"

"Wow...that's umm...cool" Mattia pauses "...just that you're going to be here alone, wouldn't it be scary at times"

"Relax I got company, the janitor's going to be here"

"Oh!"

Getting use to the idea of Ale and Mattia being friends has been really hard on Mattia, Mattia can't believe that as of the summer that he was in denial of being gay because of internalized homophobia, he ran away from his problems, he ended his relationship with Ale before it even started.

Now he's in need of Ale, He just wish he could be considered normal, his whole life he has always liked girls, always wanted to be around girls, infact his classmates and teachers back in elementary school would tease him about being a ladies' man and now he can't stop think about boys he begins to look back and think of all the times he has had homosexual feelings like the first time he watched porn and couldn't stop staring at the man's butt or when they dared him and Roshaun to kiss in fourth grade, at that time he just thought of himself as kids who were experimenting cause they've never actually seen two boys kiss before, well maybe this is his new normal.

Mattia stood up and called Kairi to walk with him to school tonight since he won't be taking his car cause it's busted.

The two walked down the quiet road then suddenly a car stops for them, the car's window rolls down slowly "need a ride?" It turns out to be Ale. Mattia is relieved.

When they get to school, they expected the school would be empty but it was packed, Mattia sights Alvaro, he goes to meet him "What are you doing here?" Mattia asks him.

"My dad forced me to come and also... Did you think I'm actually going to miss watching you and Ale have sex in the chemistry lab" Alvaro says

"Wait why the chemistry lab??!"

"Cause you two have..."

"Don't you dare say it" Mattia cuts in. Alvaro smirks. "That reminds me..." Mattia leaves and heads straight to the boy's locker room. When he gets there, it's empty, Roshaun comes up behind him "hey what's up?" Roshaun asks. Mattia's startled.

"You scared me back there." Mattia says "anyways I came to tell you, classes are about to start"

"Way ahead of ya" Roshaun smiles then pats him on his shoulder and walks away.

The midnight classes begin, everyone heads over to their respective classes, During chemistry, It's a five to one Apparatus so Ale, Mattia, Alvaro, Kairi and Roshaun pair up while they begin titrating, Mattia accidentally spills base on Ale, he immediately wipes it off, Alvaro sees him and smiles, Mattia ignores him.

Ale begins sucking the base with a pippete from a conical flask, Mattia puts his mouth on that same pippete, Alvaro laughs and begins hugging air and kissing it, stating that they've basically kissed cause both their lips touched the pipette Mattia keeps ignoring Alvaro, Kairi and Roshaun do all the calculations, Alvaro just sits there and do nothing but make jokes all night about 'tia and Ale, he's only of use when they need him to borrow some equipments,  he has to comply unless they won't write his name in their group attendance.

After the practicals, Mattia's group comes out of top of the class, Mattia was really proud of himself and he got over Ale, the two just decided to stay friends, Alvaro was unhappy about this though, Ale deep down still wanted Mattia but it's best if they just remained friends, Kairi became envious of the two, they turned out to be such great friends but things are still complicated with him and Mattia, he kinda wished he could just go back to before that night and change everything.

Ale drops the boys off at their homes then goes to his, when Mattia gets home he locks the door behind him and goes straight to his room, undresses then picks up his phone and unblocks Ale on tiktok then follows him.

Ale receives the notification that mattiapolibio started following him, he hits the follow back button then it changes to 'friends'.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
Finally! I'm half way done only six more chapters to go.

Can y'all guess what my next chapter 'ROMEO AND ROMEO' is about?