12 | WE DIDN'T START THE FIRE

Prom night, everyone's in the hall waiting from prom to start, Alvaro is freaking out upon hearing the news of being nominated for Prom King.

"I'm a dork, I can't be prom King" Alvaro paces around.

"Calm down, OK. The prom's about to start." Janice tries calming him down. The lights go dim. Music starts.

Mattia and Ale show up late for prom,  they walk in arguing over something.

"I've told you that you look great, if you hadn't waste so much time asking me that every five seconds we'd have gotten here earlier" Mattia says.

"Better late than never... "Ale responds.

"Awwn! Aren't you two the cutest?" Katie cuts in.

"Oh my gosh! Katie you're here" Ale runs and hugs her.

"Of course I am, I wouldn't miss this for the world... But I'm not the only one who's here" Katie points at Cynthia in a corner.

"Anyone else starting to get a huge sense of deja vu" Alvaro walks in with Janice

"Ignore her, by the way you look beautiful" Ale to Katie.

"Thanks." Katie blushes.

Robert sights Mattia and Ale, he immediately gulps down his entire punch not a single drop left, he drops his glass on a table nearby and walks over to them hurriedly with a Stern face, Ale sees him coming over becomes frightened a little but throws his face somewhere else, Robert grabs Mattia's arm from behind and then makes a straight face.

"Bro! Where the hell have you been?...I've been looking all over for you." Roberts leaves Mattia's arm

"Uh.. I just got here" Mattia's confused

"Look about last week, I was an ass... And I'm sorry for how  I treated the two of you, let me make me up to you guys..." Robert yells out the DJ's name, he begins to 'industry baby' by Lil Nas X, Robert slowly moves back and then takes off his shirt, his torso has a rainbow heart on it, a bunch of other soccer players come up behind him looking the same, the spotlight's on them, they start dancing, students bring out their phone and start filming.

"All this is so overwhelming" Ale smiles.

"They're trying to get us back on the team" Mattia rolls his eyes.

The soccer team begin to twerk, students laugh real hard, Ale tries to hold his laughter, Mattia keeps a straight face the entire time.

"I wonder how long it took them to choreograph this dance" Mattia

The team begin slamming their crotch against the floor while pounding it, sooner the dance is over, then coach walks up to Mattia and Ale "remember that you'd always have a place on the team" the coach starts by saying that.

"Thanks! But no thanks" Mattia kindly turns him down.

"We don't want to be a distraction..." Ale joins "so forget about us being on the team"

Mattia and Ale walk out holding hands.

"Really little nas X?" Coach asks Robert angrily.

"It's lil nas x, and I heard it's what the gays like" Robert defends himself.

Mattia and Ale are dancing together then Mattia's phone starts ringing, it's his mom, Mattia excuses himself to answer his mother leaving Alejandro all alone, Ale notices Kairi crying and heading out of the hall so he decides to follow him to see what's going on.

"Everything OK there?" Ale tries to get Kairi's attention but Kairi ignores him "look, it's cool if you don't need my help but..."

"Why would I want your help?" Kairi cuts in "I don't like you! I never did!  But I liked Mattia and I finally had it with him but you just waltz in and take everything away from me, I got hurt because of him that day at the pool party, that was really embarrassing for me, you just stood there and watch Robert throw punches at me..."