13 | VALEDICTORIAN

In the aftermath of the prom, the school is forced to move their valedictory service while they rebuild.

At Alejandro's, Adriana hears a knock on the door, she answers it, it's Mattia.

"Goodday Mrs. Rosario, uhm... Is Ale around?" Mattia walks into Rosario's place.

"You're the famous Mattia? I presume?" Adriana asks.

"Yeah... "

"Alejandro can't stop talking about you... Mattia this, Mattia that"

"That's enough mom" Ale comes down the stairs and drags Mattia out of the house "ignore her"

Mattia laughs.

"So you texted Alvaro yet?" Ale asks.

"Yeah he says he's on his way." Mattia looks at his phone.

Students of Passaic Valley high are gathered around helping to rebuild the school for their upcoming VS.

"Hey grab something let's get to work" Roshaun says as soon as Mattia and Ale arrive.

"Wow! I can see you're doing a lot of work Roshaun" Mattia compliments him.

"Dude, I lived here, it's the least I could do" Roshaun states.

Mattia and Ale won't stop making noise while working, Kairi's frustrated from hearing the two of them talk all day long "will you two shut up already"

Everyone pauses to look at them, Ale feels quite embarrassed but mostly attacked.

"I'll go talk to him" Mattia walks up to Kairi "look I don't know what your deal is, but what you're doing to Alejandro is unfair"

"What's unfair is you treating me like I'm the bad guy here" Kairi starts to raise his voice "You fucked me Mattia, then you broke up with Cynthia cause you were feeling like the fucking faggot you are..."

"OK that's enough" Roshaun drags Kairi out.

Mattia turns back to see Alejandro leave.

Alvaro is outside the headteacher's office shaking, so impatient, waiting for the headteacher to come, the headteacher arrives, Alvaro follows him into his office "you said you wanted to see me sir."

"Yeah! As you know your results are out, And you performed the best amongst your peers... Which is why I wanted to let you know that you're going be this year's Valedictorian, so you should prepare your speech." The headteacher says.

"I don't know what to say, this is all happening to fast, first I'm prom king, now this" Alvaro's  shocked.

Janice is waiting for Alvaro outside, Alvaro comes out of the headteacher's office still in shock.

"What did he say?" Janice asks.

"I'm Valedictorian" Alvaro says.

"That is insane"

"Yes! Yes it is!" Alvaro kisses Janice.

Mattia and Ale are sitting in silence in a classroom.

"Listen... "Mattia tries breaking the tension.

"Don't" Ale stops him.

Alvaro and Janice spot them, they head over to them.

"What's going on?" Alvaro couldn't help but notice the tension between them.

"Kairi kind of made a scene..." Janice fills Alvaro in.

"What the...where the hell is he?" Alvaro becomes infuriated.