2 | DON'T ASK, DONT TELL

Mattia breathes heavily as he approaches the school gates, he walks down the halls, he pauses as he sees Alejandro then walks right pass him to class.

Ale sights Alvaro at his locker, he goes to meet him "You mind telling me what's going on with Mattia?"

"I don't know, he said you make him feel uncomfortable or something" Alvaro shrugs

"Why? Is he gay?"

"Don't ask, Don't tell" Alvaro shuts his locker and walks away.

Alejandro heads to class and grabs a seat, Mr. Howard; the English teacher enters, first period commences, this time Mattia is all ears and taking notes, Alejandro can't stop thinking about last night as he stares at Mattia then Mr. Howard calls his attention to class, Ale sits up and pretend to jot notes, Katie Pego; his friend looks at him weirdly.

Recess, Alejandro steps out of class, he's stopped by Katie "What happened back in there" Katie asked.

"It's Mattia" Alejandro states.

"What's up with him?"

"He said I make him feel uncomfortable" Alejandro sighs

"Do you...like him?" Katie looks him in the eyes.

"Well-I--uh- wanted to get to know him...I saw him earlier today and he just walks right pass me" Alejandro deflects.

"Lets...just...go" Katie grabs Alejandro and walk away.

At the Cafeteria, Katie is drawing as she talks to Alejandro "it's the 21st century nobody cares anymore if you're gay, bi or trans" Alejandro Starts.

"Are you gay?" Katie asks

"I don't know what I am Katie!" Ale exclamates "Do I like guys? Do I like girls? Do I like both? I DON'T KNOW!"

"Some things are left best Unknown, don't worry you'll find yourself soon" Katie pats Alejandro.

Katie drops her pencil and shows ale her drawing "so how'd I do" Katie asks.

"oh my gosh katie! That's actually very good"

"Actually? "

"oh c'mon we all know you're not that good"

"fair point" Katie nods her head.

Bell rings recess is over.

After school Alvaro and Mattia are walking down the hall

"oh yeah, that reminds me I saw your boyfriend earlier today" Alvaro remembers.

"He's not my boyfriend" Mattia states

"Whatever helps you sleep at night"

"What did he say?"

"He asked if you were gay"

"And...?"

"I said yes!"

"What?! "

"I'm kidding" Alvaro laughs hysterically "I told him you're a cisgender heterosexual who wants nothing to do with him"

"why would you tell him that?"

"You are the one who wants nothing to do with him"

"yeah but not when you put it that way"

"I'm messing around!" Alvaro smiles "Gosh! I'm on fire today!" Alvaro praises himself "I didn't say anything ok"

"stop messing around " Mattia says

"dude chill!"

"whatever" Mattia sees Kairi "well there's my cue to leave"

He walks over to Kairi, the two begin to head home.