1 | SERENDIPITY

Mattia had just arrived back at New Jersey from LA, after his break up with Cynthia Parker, things have been really hard on him, he just needed a break from reality.

He heads home where he is welcomed by his younger brother; Gianluca, who seems really excited to see him after 4 months, He settles down and tells Gianluca to get him something to drink cause he's really parched. As Gianluca heads over to get a glass of water, the dad comes downstairs and sees Mattia, he smiles as he goes to hug Mattia "How was LA son?" He asks.

"It was boring..." He continues "Honestly, I'm really tired, if anyone needs me I'd be upstairs in my room" Mattia heads up.

"What about the water?" Gianluca asks with the glass of water in his hand and looks at his dad, his dad shrugged.

Later that day, Mattia was lying in his bedroom feeling very nostalgic, reminiscing in old memories of Cynthia and him together, he couldn't stop thinking about her, he just laid in his bed and stared at the ceiling fan rolling until his phone rings, It's Kairi Cosentino, He answers the phone.

"Hey yo, where the hell have you been?" Kairi asks "You just left without saying goodbye"

"How did you know I was back"

"I saw your car pull into the driveway 3 hours ago"

"I'm so sorry I just needed to get away from home"

"Don't ever leave like that again" He begins to yell on the phone.

"I just can't right right now..."

"Don't you dare Hang up on---"

Mattia Hangs up.

Mattia throws his phone at the wall in anger, he puts his hands on his head in confusion, he lashes out and begins to scatter his room until he stumbles upon a picture of him and Cynthia in Paris, he pauses then rips the picture and throws it away, he hears a knock on the door, Gianluca opens the door "We're really worried about you" Gianluca tries to calm him down.

"Go away" Mattia screams at him, Gianluca is terrified and runs away, Mattia locks the door and leans against it and falls to sit as he pulls his knees up to his chest and buries his face in it.

The next morning, Alejandro Rosario, A seventeen year old senior student of Passaic Valley high school in his room gets up from his bed, heads to the bathroom to shower and brush his teeth. After having his bath, he arranges his books in his backpack, packs his gym wear and others into a duffle bag, goes downstairs for breakfast and kisses his mom goodbye.

Meanwhile, At Polibio residence, Mattia's alarm goes off. Waking him up, he checks to see the time; 8:30, Mattia jumps out of bed realizing he's late, he dresses up without taking his bath and runs to school cause he missed the bus.

Mattia gets to school fast enough just in time for first period, he runs through the hallways and gets to class before their chemistry teacher arrived, Mattia sleeps all through chemistry class, the bell rings for Phys. Ed, the students head to the gym, on the way to the gym Mattia sees Kairi and tries to avoid him by taking another root, he ends up meeting Kairi on the other side

"The fuck do you think you're doing?" Kairi stops him "First you hung up on me, now you're avoiding me?"

"Not now Kairi" Mattia turns around