7.

3rd person POV:
Twenty minutes into dinner the great hall door opened and about 20 Slytherins filed into the great hall. Draco carefully scanned the tables for y/n, while Makenna was venting about something that happened over the summer, but Draco wasn't paying close attention.
After scanning the hufflepuff and Slytherin tables twice he saw y/n stand up and look towards the door and wave to him. Draco gently hit Makenna's arm and pointed to y/n.
"I'm going to go retrieve our guest of honor and meet you at the table." He stated bluntly slipping off towards his huffle-buddy.

"Hey y/n," Draco said . "Diggory , Tasso." He nodded towards the other students.
"Hey hey, what took you so long." Y/n laughed looking up at the blond.
"Stupid muggle studies." He groaned, earning looks from nearby hufflepuffs.
"Anyway, let's go to your table so you can eat." Y/n said quickly, standing up and leading to boy towards his table.

Y/n's POV:
Draco is as pureblood we get, he shares his views with his parents as expected, I am also a pureblood with similar parents, but I keep my views to myself.
Pulling the blond toward Slytherin's table he chuckles. I turn around sharply to see Harry and his friends staring from across the great hall. Maybe Harry told the truth and he was worried, I wouldn't know why he would be worried Draco's a great friend.

After sitting down at the table Draco's plate filled with supper foods and mine had a slice of apple pie. I laugh digging into the pastry as Draco picked at his plate.
"Draco, you have to eat. Don't think I didn't see you without lunch today." I scolded watching him aggressively stuff a piece of chicken into his mouth.
"Don't worry about me y/n. I'm eating just fine, see?" He said taking in another mouthful.
"I'd rather not." I laughed allowing my head to fall onto his shoulder, freezing for a second in fear of protest. To which he laughed and patted my leg causing me to relax.
"You excited about tonight?" Makenna asked startling me and Draco.
"Where did you come from?" Draco gasped dramatically.
"I was talking to Blaise about a spell to temporarily change y/n's uniform colors so she can blend in." She said looking proud of herself. I laugh looking at my yellow and black robes.
"Guess I'm going to be a Slytherin for a couple hours." I say taking off my badger headband and shoving it in the pocket of my robe.
"Wouldn't be the first time." Draco said nudging me in the side.
"Ok, lying to your parents for a few days so we could hangout over the summer doesn't count." Makenna pointed out.
"Whatever Taylor, I think y/n looks better in green anyway." He says pretending to dust off his robes with a smirk.
"The sorting hat almost put me in Slytherin you know, because of my lineage and ambitious mannerisms." I smile towards my friends.
"What changed its mind?" Makenna said
"I thought 'yay! I can be with my new friends now' and then it screamed hufflepuff." I chuckled, rolling my eyes.
"That was a jerk move on the sorting hats part." Draco said.

Thank you for reading!
547 words
Drink some water much love 💕