Chapter 28

Hey guys! I made a tiktok account in which I'm gonna make edits with visuals for my stories. You can find the link in my bio, I really hope you like what I've done. I know they aren't perfect but I really try my best. Also, on my Instagram page, I'm gonna start posting drawings of the OC's or different scenes, not only for this story but for some others too.
Lots of love
-E

It was October 30th, the day before Halloween, the day before the thirteenth anniversary of the Potter's death. It was also the day Professor Dumbledore said the other two schools would be arriving. Classes were cancelled and all the students were involved in one way or the other to prepare for their visitors.

Arabella was helping Professor Sprout put lovely flowers that screamed when you stepped on them, near the entrance. She was not really sure why that had been her task, since she had almost failed herbology twice. However it was better than what Angelina Johnson had gotten, which was finding any pet poo in the halls and cleaning it, it was an important task, but not the most enjoyable one. However, Arabella would have liked what the twins were doing, helping Hagrid round up his animals and preparing the stables for the winged horses, or even what Seamus Finnigan was tasked to do 'sit tight and try not to blow anything up' were Professor McGonagall's exact words. Not that Arabella didn't like Professor Sprout, she was a very kind woman, and she was absolutely delightful to talk to, but every flower Arabella touched would start screaming bloody murder.

"I can finish this, dear, go along" Professor Sprout said with a pitiful look as she took a flower from Arabella's hands, it immediately stopped screaming.

"Thanks... and sorry" Arabella smiled apologetically.

"It's alright, dear, not everyone has a hand for plants"

Arabella walked away, to Hagrid's hut, to find George and Fred. Halfway there, she found the twins.

"Hey! We were gonna go find you" Fred smiled, and put an arm around her shoulders.

"Professor Sprout took pity on me and let me go, what about you guys?" Arabella poked Fred's ribs.

"Many people were assigned with Hagrid so we finished early." George explained, walking with his hands laced behind his head, with his eyes closed.

"Do you know where Cedric was assigned to?" She asked them.

"Yeah, some of his friends from Hufflepuff were saying he got assigned go cleaning the owlry with Cho and some others" Fred remembered. Arabella shrouded.

"Ugh, just thinking about cleaning the owlry gives me the oogies" Arabella squinted her face, "why do they have to clean it? I mean, it's not like the Durmstrang headmaster is gonna arrive and then run directly to the owlry to inspect it" the three of them laughed. 

They spent the day planting dungbombs in random corners of the castle, away from the main staircases, because they were not monsters and were conscious of the first years that had spent the entire morning cleaning it. As the day passed, Arabella noticed it was probably the first time in her whole time at Hogwarts, that she had not spent pranking George Weasley, rather pranking with George Weasley. George had noticed this as well, and he was thrilled that, for once, he hadn't been the one falling in the dungbombs. He also said it was a brilliant idea when Arabella proposed they enchanted the bathroom stalls to recite bad poems or sing out of tune songs each time someone entered them. The three of them had a great time together, feeling that a day like that was long overdue, and ended up wondering why hadn't they done it before. When dinner was announced, the three pranksters were disappointed that such a delightful day had come to an end. As Arabella walked alone to the Slytherin table, she longed to be in Gryffindor, as she watched how the twins kept talking about the day, laughing a about the time Fred had to go to the restroom and while the others two waited outside, heard how the bathroom stall started singing La Vie en Rose in the loudest and most annoying voice they've ever heard.