CHAPTER 1

Nine and a half years later, you could see light in the attic of the gloomiest house of Spinners End. And there, Arabella Snape had grown inpatient of her Hogwarts letter to arrive. Today, June 2nd 1989 was her eleventh birthday.

If you heard clearly enough, you could hear a 'tap, tap, tap' in the kitchen's window, was Hogwarts' owl was awaiting to enter the house and deliver the letter to the young witch.

The moment that Severus Snape opened his eyes, he remembered. Today was the day his little girl will turn eleven. He rushed to the door and to her daughter's room, only to find out that she was already awake, like every year. She wasn't a morning person but she was always up before him every year.

"Happy birthday to you!" Severus started singing.

"Oh no! Dad, no! Don't sing, please! The neighbours will call the police again" Arabella said putting her hands in her ears.

"Oh, c'mon. I don't sing that bad. And they only called them once!" He joked, which was rare.

"Oh my gosh! Dad! Are you seriously joking? Who are you and what did you do to Severus Snape?" She said playfully.

"Come here and give your old man a hug" he said.

"You're not old! You are twenty nine!" Arabella Joked.

"Exactly! I'll be thirty very soon and I'll be old"

"Do you think my letter's here?" She asked, changing the subject.

"Perhaps. But first, wash yourself. We are going to Diagon Alley for breakfast and your birthday present" he said before leaving her room.

Arabella is usually a very calm person, but today she was rather jumpy and in a good mood.

"Viper?" Arabella asked, "Dad? Have you seen Viper!" She yelled.

"No! She's maybe hunting!" Her father answered.

"Never mind! She's here!" She said kneeling down in the floor. The four feet long boa constrictor was curled under her bed around a stuffed mouse with big round eyes, "hey Viper. Wake up, we're going to Diagon Alley" Arabella said.

The snake raised her head and looked at her owner, in the last years, she had become attached to her. Even though the hazel eyed witch couldn't understand her, she could understand Arabella. She unrolled from the stuffed mouse and slide to her owner. She slipped upwards her arm and inside her shirt and around her torso. 

"Viper! I need to wash. Could you go downstairs with Dad? There's probably an owl in the house, don't eat it, please." Arabella said as her snake slipped down the staircase, she heard a hiss that sounded like a giggle.

Arabella went down to the bathroom with her clothes. After she showered, she put on a white knee length dress with white flats and a silk blue cloak on top.

She went down the stairs and to the kitchen, her father was wearing plain black robes and a black cloak. There was an owl in the sink eating some treats.  The yellowish envelope sat in the kitchen counter.

"Merlin's beard! Dad! I got it!" Arabella said running to where the letter was.

She opened the envelope.

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore (Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Ms. Snape,
We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessarily books and equipment.
Term begins on September 1, we await your owl by no later than July 31.