Chapter 6

The weeks passed, the sisters were becoming anxious for the final of the World Cup, Arabella have decided to ask her godbrother to go with them since he couldn't go because his parents were busy. He arrived to Spinner's End a week before. They all got along, Draco was a very sweet child and was anxious about going to Hogwarts, though he wouldn't go until 1991, a year after Elena. Finally, after weeks and weeks of waiting, they would be able to go. They were going by broom, Lucius had send Draco's broom and his by owl post a couple days before.

"Draco, don't you separate from us" Severus told his godson.

"Don't worry, Uncle Severus. Won't do" he answered, "Nini, did you know that Harry Potter was born the same year I was born?" He asked excitedly.

"Wow. You might even befriend him at school! Isn't that amazing?" Arabella said with faked excitement.

"Who is Harry Potter?" Elena asked her sister.

"Just a guy. Legend says he defeated Voldemort when he was barely one. His parents died but he survived the killing curse. He's the only one who has survived it. He has a scar on his forehead, like a lightning." Arabella told her sister.

"Blimey! Is it true dad?" Elena asked.

"Yes, it is true. I went to school with his parents. His mother and I were best friends" he said rather sadly.

Arabella looked sympathetically at her father, knowing that Harry Potter's mother (Severus's best friend) and her own mother, were the same person.

"How much time is it from here to the stadium?" Arabella asked changing the topic.

"Like three days" Severus said and the three young kids looked at him in awe. Seeing this, Severus continued talking, "Worry not, we will go by broom to Scotland and from there, we will take a portkey to Germany" he told them.

"So, it's in Germany but the game is Scotland against Canada? Shouldn't it be easier for it to be on Scotland or Canada?" Draco asked with a sneer in his face.

"It would, but it was already planned to be in Germany" Severus explained, we will fly for two hours before stopping to eat, then we will fly for another two hours before resting and tomorrow we will rise at two in the morning before flying another three hours"

The rest of the journey was really peaceful, the kids chatting and having a great time. They stopped around Birmingham to eat some sandwiches and relax a little. There, they encountered another pack of wizards going too to the World Cup, they flied with them for two hours straight before Severus and the children stopped in Newcastle for the night. They stayed in a little pub, very similar to the Leaky Cauldron, but cleaner. Severus slept in a room next to where the three kids were sleeping; they managed to fit in one bed the three of them. Severus woke up at one to get ready and at half past one, he woke up Arabella, Elena and Draco. Arabella and Elena put the same jeans that they were using the day before and a clean shirt with the same cloak. Draco just put the same outfit and a cloak. Ten minutes past two, they were all ready and mounting their brooms.

"Dag, Araella ashleep" Elena said yawning after half an hour flying, looking at her sister, who was asleep on the broom but with perfect control of it.

"Make sure she doesn't fall, would you?" Severus said sleepily.

Draco flew next to Elena, since he was too, almost asleep. After another half an hour, they landed next to a lake, in which Severus sank his head in and like five seconds later, he emerged fully awake. If anyone saw this, they would call the police, a gloomy man with three half asleep children was a scary thing to see at three in the morning. Draco followed Severus example and sank his head on the lake before emerging. Elena did too, making her hair go soaking wet. Severus took Arabella, who was still sleeping, in his arms and shrank her head in the freezing water, she instantly woke up and coughed, becoming fully aware of where they were.

"For a moment, I felt just as the first day of school" she said

"Why?" Elena asked her sister.

"Well, little sister, you ought to know that I fell into the Black Lake before the sorting, along with Cedric, Fred, Jordan and the other Weasley" Arabella said putting her arm around her sister's shoulder, grinning happily.

"So that's why you five were soaking wet. You better be careful next year, Elena. We don't want the giant squid to eat you, do we?" Severus told her daughter.

"G-g-giant squid?" Elena said fearfully.

"Well, now we know who isn't going to make it in Gryffindor" Arabella joked, "but don't worry, the giant squid is nice, he helped us back in the boat" Elena nodded nervously.

"So, Arabella, are you trying out for the team this year?" Her father asked.

"Yes, I'm planning to" Arabella said and then looked at her father as she mounted her broom, "and, I don't want you interfering on the tryouts, I want to get the spot on my own" she added.

•••

They arrived to Scotland after seventeen straight hours of flying.

"Dad? Are we there yet?" Arabella asked her father.

"Patience is a virtue, missy" Severus Snape told his daughter, "but we are very close now. Just a few more minutes"

They flew no more than ten minutes when Severus started descending on a hill next to a lonely pub that wasn't used since the owner's wife ran off with the bartender four years earlier.

"Ah! Severus! You made it. We feared we would have to leave without you and your... Family" a man with blue eyes and silver hair said.

"Igor. It's always... nice to see a familiar face" Snape said, shaking the man's hand firmly, "I presume you haven't met my daughters"

"I haven't got the pleasure" Igor said.

"Arabella, Elena, this is Igor Karkaroff. He is the headmaster of Dumstrang School" Severus explained.

"How do you do?" Arabella and Elena said.

"Are they twins?" Karkaroff asked.

"No, they are half sisters"

"And this charming young man?" Karkaroff asked, "wait, don't tell me. Nice clothes, the best broomstick money can afford, pointy face, blonde hair, and of course a sharp look that is an obvious sign of intelligence. You must be Lucius Malfoy's son"

"Hello sir. My father has talked highly of you" Draco said politely.

"We shall be going now" Professor Snape said.

"Now, you get hold of your brooms and touch the umbrella, all of you. And don't let go" Karkaroff said, touching the umbrella as the others did.

Arabella felt how she started spinning. She was sure she was going to be sick after this. Oh, how she hated portkeys.

"Let go!" Severus yelled and they all did, at the same time, the kids falling to the ground and the adults floating around.

"Well, here we are, the Quidditch World Cup" Draco said, stepping forward, looking at the large amount of witches and wizards.