Dirty secrets

Ink woke with a buzz.

His upper body lauded still, still half asleep seven when his mind was preparing him to awake. Sometimes his eyes would open to the blurry lights of the sunrise, but almost every time after he would close them and go back to sleep. This went on for another hour or so till his broken phone buzzed again on the counter.

He groaned motionlessly, his stiff body refused to move any farther than his arm to grab his phone off the night stand, and look at the blurry sentence sent to him. His eyes were heavy and making out the words seemed impossible, so, he sat up annoyed with himself with his blurry eyes. He clicked on the message, finally being able to semi-read it when he entered the actual app instead of the lock screen.

The number was random, he couldn't recognize who it was just based on that but had s pretty good guess of who it was. His eyes narrowed on the message desperately trying to curve out the words from his half black- half asleep vision. The message read; "turn in the pictures by tonight.. i need it before 12:00" Error, obviously. His his fingers positioned themselves nicely to make a message back, but just as he typed in the letter 'o' there was a knocking on the door, the only warning before the door flung open to his mother, calling him awake.

"Wake up sweetheart, we'll be going to church in ten so get ready will you?" She smiled softly, her facial expression only changing slightly as she landed her eyes on the awake, texting ink. To be honest, he was confused at first thinking that he may have missed the date and it was Monday, because this was way to early to be waking up on a weekend — at least for him—. Soon he came to realize and no thanks to his bad memory suddenly realized that church was going to be apart of his weekly life now. "Oh, yeah sure."

He responded, almost like church was a question.

As they loaded up into the van ink was the last to go in, in the back with the two twins on his left side. Thankfully he was able to get a window seat, but ether way he was sure that would happened, seeing that there was never anyone in between those two, no one.

In the front was asylum, seeing that he was apart of the family for the longest and was much more behaved than anyone else. In the middle, or the right of the middle, was that flame headed kid that Ink never seemed to remember the name of. No one was next to them, because again the twins didn't want to be separated, not even in the van. And why didn't ink take that seat? Well because multiple books already had. He would have pushed the books off the seat, but no matter what it would still be crammed, not to mention one of those books were the Bible.

And the church? It couldn't be more outdated. From the outside it was old, nice, but old. Originally, it was the towns library but no one actually came to the library because the school already had a built in one for studies, which meant the only people truly caring about the library down town were people with one foot in their grave. That was in the 70s though, now they had rebuilt it into the towns main church, and it was huge.

Even with the outside looking like a graveyard, (in which case it was) the inside was much nicer. There were stairs that lead up I'm down upon entering the front doors, when you went up there was a sort of soup kitchen, for the homeless or just anyone who attended church that day. When you went down you entered the main hall, with rows of seats and a stage like platform that had instruments towards the side, and a podium in the middle.

Of course there were already a small crowd in their seats, small talk that were as soft as a whisper. And dream, and his mother already in their seats. Of course ink knew he went to church, it was the whole reason why he, as a young child, was disappointed on Sunday's when he would want to come over, but Dream was at church. So he would have to wait for an hour ether in the park around the church, or at home before dram came back. So that was something to look forward to each Sunday for now on.