Chapter 22: My Heart

A/N: The next three chapters have been edited at Sunday, April 4. If you've read these before that I would appreciate if you re read them.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The morning sun cast its bright rays through the window and into the bedroom. The birds chirped happily welcoming the light.

Sasuke woke up with his head feeling strange and his body feeling heavy. Though the latter perhaps was because of Naruto, who was asleep right on top of him.

Sasuke looked at him and his hand went to where he had been bitten. There was nothing there to indicate what had happened the night before. He sighed as he felt the strange feeling in his head slowly trying to turn into a headache.

Sasuke decide to get up. He tried removing himself from under Naruto but it just didn't seem to be possible.

"Oi, Naruto" Sasuke said, trying to wake him up. "Dobe!"

Naruto, who was barely awake shifted his body to make himself comfortable. "Mmm..." he mumbled.

"Get off of me" said Sasuke. He shoved Naruto slightly and he flopped to the side.

"Mm...five more minutes" he mumbled. He pulled Sasuke's pillow and hugged it in an attempt to keep sleeping.

As Sasuke looked at him, something sparked in his heart. He gave a small smile as Naruto snuggled in his bed with the most adorable sleeping face. Seeing him like this, he felt that he shouldn't disturb this precious little thing.

So he let Naruto be and went on his daily morning routine of brushing his teeth, cleaning the house and then making breakfast.

Sasuke made some rice and took out some leftover pickle. Then he fried some fish and zucchini. The smell filled the air and floated around the house.

Sasuke was almost finished with his breakfast. He mind however was occupied with lots of questions and thoughts. 'I need to talk to someone about Naruto' he thought. 'But with whom? And how supposed to explain?-"

"What're you making?" said a voice all of a sudden.

Sasuke's body jerked and he spun around to see Naruto, who somehow was standing behind him. "Usuratonkachi" he said exhaling a breath.

"Heh heh, scaredy cat" Naruto teased.

"Go sit down or I won't give you any fish" Sasuke threatened.

So they sat down at ate breakfast. Naruto once again remarked at Sasuke's cooking skills as he stuffed himself without remembering to breathe.

They decided to part ways and meet up at the designated area. Sasuke opened the door for Naruto. "Don't take too long" he said to him.

"Yeah, yeah" said Naruto. He looked at Sasuke and felt that he ought to say something before leaving. He felt his heart surging like a sweeping wind before he approached him.

Naruto wrapped his arms around Sasuke which made him tense for a moment. "Hey, what-?"

"Thanks for taking care of me" Naruto said softly.

Sasuke slowly relaxed into the embrace. He wrapped his arms around the blonde and patted his back. "Yeah, sure" he said. "You can come here anytime" his stupid mind added for him.

Naruto's smiled at his words. He snuck a peek at Sasuke from the side. He then turned his head and kissed him on the cheek.

Sasuke untangled himself immediately. "What the hell?"

Naruto chuckled and then started laughing. He moved closer to Sasuke who backed away. "Don't you dare!" he threatened.

Naruto seemed be excited for some reason. He moved closer and placed his head on Sasuke's neck. Sasuke's body scrunched up. "Stop that usuratonkachi!" he said to Naruto. He then pushed Naruto away from him. "Get going idiot!"