Chapter 17: "Up to Something"

A/N: Rated T. You'll know why soon enough.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sauske and Naruto wove through the crowded streets, desperate to reach home. Naruto slurped his ice block, marvelling the cool sweet taste. Sasuke bit his, and even though he didn't like eating sweets , it was certainly a treat in the heat.

"Hey Sasuke....slurp....slurp...What're you going to make for dinner?" Naruto asked.

"Fried rice, some spinach and sausages" Sasuke said bluntly.

'Hmm....All he ever eats is rice" Naruto thought disappointingly.

Sasuke's looked over at him and added "Maybe instead of fried rice I consider making ramen".

Naruto stopped licking his ice block and stared at him with wide eyes. "Are you serious? Really?!" he asked.

"If you stop nagging me....I'll think about it" said Sasuke. What Naruto didn't know was that Sauske had already bought the ingredients to make ramen. He figured it would be best for him to eat what he wanted. Otherwise he would just sulk like a little puppy. Imagining it in his head Sasuke found it to be quite amusing.

Naruto grinned happily "Alright!" He put his arm around Sasuke. "I won't say anything. Promise!" he said.

Sauske was a little uncomfortable with the physical contact but he ignored Naruto thinking he might tease him again about being sensitive.

As they walked Naruto started feeling bored. He was just itching to pull of some kind of prank. He looked over a Sauske who was holding his ice block.

Naruto suddenly sprang forward and bit Sasuke's ice block, taking a huge chunk. He laughed cheekily, enjoying the stolen bite.

Sasuke glared at him "Eat your own usuratonkachi" he said. Naruto only continued laughing. That is, until Sauske grabbed Naruto's wrist and ate his ice block.

"Hey!" Naruto whined.
"You had it coming" said Sasuke.
"Humph. Now your saliva's all over it How am I supposed to eat it?" Naruto complained.

"Aren't you the one who used my toothbrush this morning?" Sasuke said.
"Wait....That was yours?!" Naruto said astonished.
"Tch. Stupid dobe" Sasuke muttered.

"But still, that doesn't mean we should share food. I don't like it and you taste horrible" said Naruto and slurped his ice block.

"Saying that after you kissed me twice. Baka" said Sasuke and walked ahead of him.

Up until now Naruto has distracted himself from the thought of what happened the night before. As Sasuke said it his face flushed and he thought 'Kissed him.....twice?! What does he mean? Don't tell me that's what I did?!'

"Wait!" Naruto said, jogging up to catch up with Sasuke. "What do you mean twice?!" he whispered.

"I don't have to explain it to you" Sauske said.
"Come on tell me" said Naruto.
"No" said Sauske.

"Please" said Naruto.
"No"
"Please"
"No"
"Please"
"No"
"Please"
"No"

"Come on. Don't keep me in the dark" Naruto complained.