Chapter 5: An accident?!

It has now been a few days since the genin exams. Today all the official genin are going to be assigned to their squads and jonin senseis. They have all gathered inside the academy's classroom.

"I wonder who I'll have to team up with. I hope it not's Naruto." Kiba said. "O wait that loser didn't pass." Kiba chuckled. On his right Hinata had her hands clasped to her chest. 'Naruto...'

Meanwhile Sasuke had his fingers crossed in front of his face. He showed no emotions on the outside but he was deep in thought trying to deal with the emotions that were coming out of nowhere.

'That idiot Naruto...looks like he didn't make it'  Sasuke thought.

'Why do I keep thinking about him? It's not like he's important' he sighed. The more he questioned himself the more annoying it seemed. 'What's the matter with me? Why am I so worked up over Naruto'

Outside in the hallway Naruto was grinning like an idiot. 'Wait till they see that I've passed. I'm gonna surprise everyone. SAKURA'S GONNA LOVE ME! Even more than that annoying bastard Sasuke!'

'Sasuke....'

As he entered the room his thoughts drifted towards Sasuke. He looked around and saw Sasuke sitting in the corner. Their eyes clashed and Sasuke eye's widened. He saw the headband on Naruto's forehead.

'He passed?'  Sasuke thought, confused.

"Hey Naruto what are you doing here? Dropouts aren't allowed to come" Shikamaru said.

"Don't you see what's on my forehead. I passed!" Naruto grinned.

Sasuke felt a great sense of peace and relief settle in his heart. His mind was finally at peace and for once he accepted it. He let out a small smile and let himself enjoy what he was feeling.

'What the hell's wrong with me?' the other side of his mind thought. It was trying to conflict against the peaceful feeling in his heart. 'Why am I glad for  him?' he wondered.

Suddenly the girls began arguing all at once and Naruto was knocked over as they began screaming their heads off.

"I got here first so I'm sitting next to Sasuke!" Sakura declared.

"No way billboard brow! I'm sitting next to him!" Ino argued.

"Hold on. I was the first girl to get here!"

Naruto watched them bicker and it took him no less than a second to get jealous and angry. He pouted his face then got up, swiftly jumped on the table and crouched face to face with Sasuke.

'Sasuke, Sasuke all the girls ever talk about is this bastard. I mean what does he have that makes him so popular. Ugh'

"Hm?" Sasuke looked up and was startled to see Naruto so close to him. He saw his face full of jealousy and anger. He was looking at Sasuke with his eyebrows and whole face scrunched up.'What does this idiot want with me?' Sasuke thought getting slightly irritated.

"Hey Naruto stop glaring at Sasuke!" Sakura yelled. "Ya you moron" Ino said.

Naruto looked at Sakura and felt sad for having angered Sakura. 'It's all Sasuke's fault' he thought angrily. He once again faced Sasuke and they gave each other a cold hard evil glare.

"Woah this is fun" said a random ass guy as he stretched his hand and accidentally smacked Naruto's butt. "O...sorry 'bout that" he apologized looking behind.  "You okay...?"

A dead silence fell upon the class as they saw the scene in front of them. Naruto and Sasuke fully kissing, eyes wide open.

Naruto didn't feel anything even though he was fully aware of what was happening. He couldn't feel his lips or Sasuke's but  panicked immediately and couldn't think straight. 'Wha..what...WHAT'S GOING ON?!'

Sasuke was equally astonished. While their lips locked he couldn't think at all. He felt his body slightly jerk and shiver as a feeling like electricity rocked his body.  He panicked and pushed Naruto away from him.

Naruto glad for once spluttered and covered his mouth as he regained his balance. 'What the hell?' he thought. 'What happpened?'

'Why the hell would he do that?!' Sasuke thought. He was assuming that Naruto had purposefully kissed him. Also he was only now realizing that Naruto had tasted like sour milk. He wiped his mouth and and hung his head low over the dignity he had lost.

While Naruto was spluttering and trying to clean his mouth he saw the girls giving him angry looks.

"Naruto.." Sakura glared, cracking her knuckles and giving him an evil look.

"Wait....hold on! It was an accident Sakura!" Naruto said trying to defend himself.

"YOUR'E DEAD NARUTO!!!" the girls yelled.

By the time Iruka sensei arrived Naruto was black and blue while Sasuke was trying to remain calm. Sakura sat in between them smiling happily for being able to sit next to Sasuke.

Naruto was furious, he wanted to punch Sasuke right in the face. He looked over to where Sasuke was sitting.

Sasuke looked right back at him with anger in his eyes. He looked away almost immediately then put his face in his palms.

'What's wrong with me?' Sasuke thought. 'I can't stand it anymore'

"All right then I'll be announcing your teams so listen carefully" Iruka sensei said. As he began announcing the names, Naruto desperately waited for his name. 'I hope I end up with Sakura and not Sasuke' he thought.

"Naruto Uzumaki" Iruka Sensei said. "With Sakura Haruno".

"Alright!" Naruto shouted.

"I'm doomed" Sakura said, depressing cloud hanging over her head.

"And Sasuke Uchiha. You will be team 7" Iruka Sensei said.

Naruto's and Sakura's mood switched instantly with Sakura shouting with joy and Naruto completely unhappy. So he shouted "Sensei!! Why am I teamed up with Sasuke?"

"To balance the team out. Sasuke has the highest marks and is the best while you're the opposite." Iruka Sensei said.

"Just don't get in my way" Sasuke said with an angry tone.

"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY!!" Naruto shouted. 'God I hate him'

"Calm down Naruto." Iruka Sensei said. "All right then you'll meet your jonin senseis after lunch. They'll determine whether you can make it as a team. So please work with your teammates and make sure you're prepared. That's all. Good luck." With that he exited the classroom.

Naruto was still furious about having Sasuke on his team. And he still wanted to do something about Sasuke. He couldn't do anything before because of that accident.

'Why do I have to keep thinking about that. It's so embarrassing' he thought. 'I'll make him pay'. Naruto began devising a way to win Sakura and humiliate Sasuke.

Sasuke wanted to get some fresh air so he got up and walked outside. He walked calmly and allowed himself to relax.

Naruto followed him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------