chapter 19

At breakfast the next morning you are sat on the Ravenclaw table with Luna and Cho, Cedric was being overcrowded by his friends - getting congratulated on his victory - and of course it was still awkward on the Slytherin table especially after yesterday on the stands.

"That challenge was so scary yesterday, they're all so brave" Cho says while eating a pastry.

"I bet the Gryffindor and Hufflepuff common rooms were partying all night." You giggle.

You watch as you see the paper boy (Nigel) going up and down each tables and stopping at the Gryffindor table to where Ron, Harry and Hermione are sat, after a few inaudible chats you watch as Ron pulls out what looks like a worn out dress but you shortly realise after that they are in fact dress-robes sent from his mother.

Harry notices you looking over and smiles spilling out his pumpkin juice that was remaining in his mouth. You laugh but then realise he wasn't smiling at you but to the girl sat next to you, Cho.

"What's that about?" You nudge her playfully winking at her.

She laughs "Honestly I'm not sure."

The paper boy makes his way towards your table carrying a large box.

"Here you go."

You accept it confused, you weren't expecting your parents to send you anything since they don't even send an owl from the muggle world.

"Oh um thank you."

You open the box and pull out a beautiful glaucous, pale blue dress.

Both Luna and Cho's eyes widen along with half of the Ravenclaw table you're sat with

Both Luna and Cho's eyes widen along with half of the Ravenclaw table you're sat with. You glance around shoving the dress back into the box, not wanting to attract too much attention, although you catch Cedric wide eyed at the site of the dress.

- - -

After breakfast instead of going to your first class each house is being prepared for the Yule Ball. While Gryffindor are using the Great Hall, Slytherin are up in the Astronomy Tower.

Snape gives an introduction on the Yule Ball to the Slytherins.

"The Yule Ball has been a special tradition of the Triwizard Tournament, on the night of Christmas Eve the three schools will come together in the Great Hall for a night of well-mannered frivolity. As being the host school I expect you all to be on your very best behaviour and put your best foot forward. Literally."

"The Yule Ball is a dance." He finishes.

A few scoff, others break out into excited mutter.

"Silence." Snape commands.

"I expect no funny business, sneaking away or anything as the such."

"Now, let us begin." He snaps his fingers and an old jukebox he brought up starts playing an elegant tune.

"Find a partner and dance to the rhythm."

Everyone scatters to find a partner; Millicent and Crabbe, Daphne and Theo etc.

You stand there looking around, maybe you could practise with Blaise or Adrien but you quickly feel a tug on your hand, someone pulling you towards them.

Draco takes your hand, before Pansy can get to him, and leads you to the middle of the floor. He places your hands around his neck as his gently rests his hands around your waist.

You look around and see Pansy stropping and deciding to practise with Blaise accepting her defeat.

"This feels oddly familiar." Draco smirks. He must be talking about the time when the two of you were up here "studying".

You just blush and chuckle lightly looking down at your feet, although Draco still seems unsatisfied.

"Lighter on your feet Knott." You hear Snape give the occasional direction whilst weaving through the students. "Not that way Parkinson."

"I know we haven't been on best terms lately..." Draco starts.

"You mean after you slept with Pansy right after you almost jinxed Harry." You roll your eyes before Draco gives you a quick little twirl.

"What are you on about?" He questions in disbelief.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about Malfoy."

"Oh so we're going back to last names now are we?" He scoffs.

Before you get to reply with a snide comment Snape claps his hands and excuses you all.

꧁꧂

It's the Christmas holidays, the grounds of Hogwarts are thick with snow and ice. You have been waiting all week for a certain someone to ask you but nothing and the ball is only in two days.

You're walking with Harry as you make your way up some icy stairs you both bump into Cho.

"Oh hey Cho."

"H-hi." Harry stutters.

"Hi Y/n. Hi Harry." She smiles whilst attempting to get past Harry. You end up pulling him out of the way so she can walk through.

"Be careful it's quite icy at the top."

"Thanks Cho." You shoot her a smile before she leaves.

You carry on walking until Harry turns back and shouts down the stairs "Cho!"

"I- I was wondering... Well if you can, would you like to go to the ball with me maybe?"

She takes a moment to reply but finally she smiles "I'd love to Harry."

With that Harry widely grins and let's out a nervous chuckle of relief.

You wink at Cho and continue to the top of the stairs with a beaming Harry.