chapter 22

It's been a long cold day so you decide to take a relaxing dip in the prefects bathroom.

Once you get close to the entrance you hear Moaning Myrtle giggling and take a steady step into the bathroom. To your surprise you see the back of someone familiar already in the bath.

"Harry?"

The boy jumps at your voice clearly not realising your presence.

"Oh um Y/n what are you doing here?" He stammers covering bubbles over himself whilst Moaning Myrtle giggles from above.

"We'll would you look at this" Myrtle begins "how unexpected, I didn't realise I would be getting company tonight." She giggles again.

"Sorry Harry I didn't think anyone was in here, I'll um see you later." You say before turning around and heading straight for the door.

When your back in your common room Draco is no longer there, you go to your new room and take a shower in the bathroom that your old dorm room did not have.

You slip on a hoodie and a pair of low waisted jeans and decide to study in the library for a bit.

When you get in the library you stop as you see Harry, Ron and Hermione looking exhausted from what you assume must be studying.

"Oh Y/n, hi. Come join us" Hermione greets you warmly.

You and Hermione have been friends since first year, not very close ones but it still counts, since she is the only other girl muggle-born student in the same year you both relate a lot and have been there for each other. Of course Draco doesn't approve of this friendship so it's mostly kept private.

You hear a groan coming from Ron as you walk closer to the group of three.

"Honestly Ronald stop being so childish, we all used to get along so well until some stupid argument last year."

"Yeah whatever." He says going slightly red hiding his face behind a book.

"Are you guys studying?" You ask trying to avoid eye contact with Harry as he does the same.

"No we're finding a solution for Harry to breathe underwater, admittedly it's potentially problematic." Hermione replies.

Harry lifts his head from the book "Potentially problematic?"

"When's the last time you held your breath underwater for an hour Hermione?" You chuckle.

"Look Harry, we can do this. The three of us can do this and I'm sure Y/n is more than happy to help." Hermione says placing an arm on his shoulder.

Before you get a chance to reply Moody walks in from out of no where.

"Hate to break up this skull session." He begins.

"Professor Mcgonagall would like to see you in her office."

Harry begins to emerge from his chair but he is interrupted shortly.

"Not you Potter just Y/l/n and Granger."

You and Hermione exchange a confused look.

"But sir, the second task is only hours away and-

"Exactly. Presumably Potter is well prepared by now and could do with a good nights sleep."

"Go. Now!" He rushes the two of you off while Ron and Harry begin packing up their books.

"What do you think this is about?" Hermione asks as the two of you make your way to Mcgonagall's office.

"My guess is as good as yours." You reply.

Once you arrive at the office you are welcomed in by Mcgonagall who appears to be accompanied by Dumbledore. Inside you find there are two other people present. One you recognise immediately as Cho and the other you know as Gabrielle Delacour, the Beauxbaxton champion Fleur Delacour's younger sister.

"I'm sure you're all curious as to why we have called you here tonight." Dumbledore begins.

"As you see the second Triwizard tournament will be taking place rather soon and we would like you to play a part in it."

"I can assure you it will be be safe and you will wake up as soon as you hit the surface."

After those words you all exchange concerned and confused looks but stay silent then after turning your gaze back to the two professors.

"Can we count on you all to do this?" Dumbledore asks."

Everyone nods and in no time you hear Mcgonagall cast a spell with the movement of her wand before everything turns black.

- - -

You take a desperate intake of air as you rise to the surface, you look around as you see Cedric's arms are bound around your waist.

There are cheers everywhere as you see all eyes are on you and Cedric from the stands.

Still puzzled from all the cheering and shouting Cedric lifts you up to the dock and you stand frozen as Luna wraps a fluffy towel around you and sets you down to gather your thoughts.

"Y/n! Are you alright? You're freezing." Luna panics.

It takes you a minute to reply but before you can you see platinum blonde hair poking out of the crowd getting closer and closer to you.

You watch as Draco comes already prepared with a grey fluffy towel, maybe even fluffier than Luna's, rushing over towards where you and Luna are sat.

"Y/n! I was worried sick. You disappeared after last night and when I asked around no one knew where you vanished off to." Draco inhales a sharp breathe once he's done speaking.

He takes the towel Luna gave you and wraps you in his new, warm, dry one instead.

"Thank you." You say with a smile as he pulls you into a hug.

"Gross." He pulls away "you're all wet."

You roll your eyes and chuckle at his comment.

A/N: Sorry it's been a while, I still need to get used to writing this again so sorry if it's not as good as the rest. I'm trying to write this more regularly as so many of you have requested I update it. Thank you all for waiting :) <3