chapter 2

Still a bit shaken up after last night's events, you pull on your quidditch gear and head to the pitch for practice. It's still pretty early so most people are still asleep.

As you walk outside you get a wiff of the crispy morning air. The grass is still wet from last night's dew and a light mist surrounds the buildings, the sun only just visible through it. You look around and take it all in. Its been a year since you'd been in the stadium, you had missed this. Hundreds of seats are raised in stands around the edge of the pitch so that the spectators could see whats going on. At either end of the pitch are the three golden poles with hoops on the end. They are quite similar to a little plastic stick you'd seen a muggle child use to blow bubbles once.

Only 11 or 12 people are here, you are obviously early or perhaps a few others had overslept. You glance over at the group and you notice the pale boy who had been with you the night before. Malfoy is pretty easy to spot since he has the brightest whitest hair ever imaginable and was the palest boy you'd ever seen. You stroked your neck feeling all the bruises that he made as you walk over.

Draco saw you holding your neck and raised his eyebrows smirking.

"Where are the others?" you ask.

"You snooze you loose" replied Marcus Flint, he's the captain of the slytherin quidditch team.

Just then three second years run out onto the pitch holding their broomsticks.

"Sorry we're late" one of them said.

Flint narrowed his eyes at them and told everyone to get into groups: seekers, chasers, beaters and keepers.

Everyone shuffled around to get to their groups. Your a seeker but your a substitute seeker since Malfoy is always the one who gets to play. He is pretty nimble on his broom but this year you are determined to get to play instead of him.

There are exactly 14 people here so the teams are perfect and no one has been left to watch.

Everyone mounts their brooms and flies up waiting anticipatingly for Flint to release the balls.

The game drones on for a while before your eye catches something gold. THE SNITCH! Leaning forward, you speed past the other players keeping your eyes on the prize. You reach out your hand and you've almost grabbed it when you slam into Malfoy almost knocking both of you off your brooms.

"ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME!" Malfoy shouts.

"Well you said you were gonna knock me off my broom if I didn't let you in the cupboard last night so I thought I'd beat you to it and knock you off first" you say, eyes searching for the snitch. It's gone.

Malfoy rolls his eyes.

Wihtout warning, He grabs your waist and pulls you in close. Your right up against his toned chest, you can feel his muscles on the side of your arm. He smirks when he realises that you staring at his chest. You've clearly just fueled his ego.

"Why did you-"

"Bludger" he says, the big heavy ball rushes past you. It probably would've knocked you out.

"You do realise I'm on the opposing team, your not suppose to help me"

"A thank you would be nice" He says cheekily, releasing you from his grip "and I only did it because I know I'm gonna get the snitch before you anyway"

"Oh really"

"mhm"

Just then you catch a glint of gold out the corner of your eye and speed past Draco towards it. Once he realises what's happening he chases after you and is right on your tail. You both fly around the pitch dodging the other players and bludgers. He manages to catch up to you and and bumps into you a few times in an attempt to push you out the way.