NINETEEN

*Before Charles talked to Victoria*

Liam...

Ethan came into the room to grab Aaron and whispered something in his ear.

"You guys, go ahead and go to the meeting we'll go some other time." Aaron ordered.

"Wait, what? What about you guys? It's you're test too." Jacob said.

"Just go."

Jacob backed down, as did everyone else who looked like they wanted to say something.

Without another though, me, Logan, David Jacob and Noah all got into a black truck. The driver took us to the same building we went to last time.

Security check, elevator, and now for the meeting.

"Ah, boys," the director greeted us, "where's the rest of you? And where is Agent Freeman?" He asked.

"My brothers and Charles got held up in something. They should be coming soon."

"Good." He sighed. "Today is you're first day of the tests."

The director walked to the other side of the room and into an elevator. We followed.

He took us to the bottom floor, and in less than a minute, we arrived.

There were a lot of men there, some in uniform, others in suits, and some in just regular workout clothes.

"Is this our first test?" Jacob giggled, "walking through a group of school girls?"

"No." The director said, suddenly turning around "you're test is this."

"Attention!" A voice from behind us shouted. There was a choir of feet stomping and intake of breaths.

We all turned around to find the people in uniform in a neat rows and columns.

"No. No, no." Jacob whispered.

"Boys, right now, you are amateurs. You will be tested physically and mentally by our best. You will be taking orders from him," the director pointed to a man in uniform standing in front of the rest.

"You're test starts now."

Then he walked past us and left.

"Alright girls. My job is to make sure you can follow orders. Do as your told and you pass. Simple."

"No, no." Noah shook his head.

"Noah, do not do this right now," david angrily whispred to him.

"No! We, are given orders and we follow them! They, are just going to limit us!" Noah shouted, gesturing to the group of green, "I mean, we can do so much better without them!"

"Noah shut the hell up. Dont make me get Aaron."

Noah huffed and clenched his fists. He turned around to face the main guy.

This, is going to be one long ass day!

Aaron...

"So, what are you gonna do?" I asked him.

He stood in the doorway for a moment, looking pissed and lost in thought. He looked constipated.

"I'm going to put her in witness protection." He said flatly.

I wasn't surprised that that was his answer, and even though how much I wanted to go through with it, something kept holding me down.

Someone kept holding me down.

"Is there any other way? You know, not so far from us?" I asked.

"Not so far away?" He mocked, "you're kidding, right?"

I stayed quiet, knowing that he was going to explode on me. Might as well just take it.

"You want to bring her to a place with scary looking men, and with weapons, and you think she's not going to freak out? Because the last times she's seen a gun, she was in front of it!"

"Are you done?"

"No I'm not done!" Charles boomed, " you have no right to call me a sheep, Aaron. I am doing my job, and unless you want to take it, you better watch yourself."

I think he knew he hit me, because of his job. A man who was righteous, doing good for people. It's everything I've wanted since I found out about the family business.

The only different I've found is that we, work for the wrong team.

I've always looked at people of the FBI in movies when I was little, admiring them for how they try and save everyone.

Meanwhile, my family had been killing them at the orders of one fucked up asshole.

The only thing that I didn't like about these people, was their boundaries.

In my life, I had no such thing.

"It's final. I'm taking Victoria into witness protection." He said. "If you even try something, I will not hesitate to put her in adoption." He said.

No.

"No." I blurted, "you can take her into witness protection, and make sure she is safe." I growled.

"But do not put her in adoption."

"Behave and you can see her when this whole thing blows over." Charles replied.

I nodded in agreement, and he left the room to take and make some calls.

You might be wondering why I agreed to this? Ya know, because since you've been reading, I am kind of protective. Or possessive.

I'm going to let you in on a secret that not even Ethan will know about.

I plan to get legal custody of Victoria, just like I did with Elizabeth. It wont be easy and it will be a big change for her, but I want her to be safe. I want her to live a normal childhood.

And maybe when that happens, me and my family can retire.

Maybe.

I can only dream.

Please Vote

(Sorry again for the short chapters.)