TWENTY - NINE

Victoria...

I was sitting down, you know, just taking in all the new information and promises, when a BunCH oF MAmoThS! Came into the room without warning.

I let out a squeak upon hearing the door open so suddenly, and fell down and out of my chair.

"Shit, Tori, are you okay? Sorry we -"

"Hmhaha."

I looked around the room, trying to find the person who laughed. More like giggled, but still...

I came to the conclusion that it was me.

"You must have landed on you're funny bone." Ethan smiled.

I mostly likely did land on my elbow. My funny bone. Laugh skeleton.

I gave him my own smile, telling him without words that I was fine.

He got to fixing my arms, which didn't take long. Then I rolled up my overalls and Ethan worked on my legs. He inspected the bullet wound, and then gave me the news that it was healing. Yay!

But, in between this prosses, I could see their faces. It morphed from pity, to sadness, to anger and some sort of remembrance. I knew it wasn't my fault that I looked the way I did, yet something twisted my stomach.

A feeling I never got, becuase I never had time to. Self pity wasn't something I allowed myself to have, for anything, that's why I keep moving.

But their sad faces reminded me that it wasn't all about me.

"I'm sorry... about Elizabeth."

I heard a sharp intake of breath, like someone was wincing at something. A painful cut that just wouldn't leave a scar; open and filling with dirt. No matter how many bandaids, it never healed.

"Who told you?" It was David, asking with a look I could only assume was anger.

"Uh..." I didn't want to rat anybody out, it served me nothing, "Liam did."

His gaze was too much; his eyes were too much. So much anger and dominance being held behind them, and I was certain that the bars would break soon.

"I'm sorry - she's a delicate subject, I should have never tried to-" my soft rambling was cut off.

"It's okay."

Ethans warm ocean eyes didn't help ease the mood. I could sense a hidden anger and embarrassment, and it made me feel worse. I kept my mouth shut and just nodded. After all, I was the stranger to them; the lemon life threw them.

"We should be trying to get over her anyways." He said, looking back to David, "it's been too long."

"So you're grieving?" I asked quietly.

"I think were just about done with that part."

He smiled, and maybe lit a light in my heart. His smile - this time - assured me that he meant it.

Ethan...

She smiled and everything felt okay, for a second. Just a second, but it felt like hours. Hours of thinking, looking back and questioning. Everything.

===

"Were you just saying that to her?" David asked.

I had been sitting in a lounge next to Victoria's, waiting for the rest of my brothers to finish their tests.

"What do you mean?"

"Were you just saying that to calm her down? Or... was there something more?"

"You tell me, hermano." He frowned, leaning back into his own seat. I desperately missed our home in Los Angeles; right now, I missed Charles's house, and a bed. "Look, I meant the part about moving on. We need to, it's not good for us to be like this. It was years ago."

"Two."

"Exactly, two years ago. I'm not asking you to forget about her, I'm asking to not be a sex addict to get away."

"I'm not a sex addict!"

I looked at him with a blank expression until he sighed.

"It sounds like you're asking us to forget."

"Move on. Get on with your life - we live together becuase of Elizabeth, start living your life, David."

"It was her dying wish though."

I looked at him, not as an older brother, but an equal. I know where he is. I'm right there with him. The only difference is, I'm trying.

"What about you?"

===

Again, we were in a meeting room, all of us facing the director. I found out that Aaron's tests wasn't counted, as be had to help Liam.

Liam and David didn't pass becuase Liam broke a leg as a result of failing (which is bullshit) and David was being a pervert.

Aurora was helping him, and he couldn't focus on his test.

Logan and Jacob passed, and I didn't even know what they had to do. All I know is that Liam looks like he could pass out, and Jacob looks traumatized. I only hope Jacob's tests didn't have anything to do with his past.

And Noah and me, we passed.

Pretty simple tests too, I wont go into detail.

(*cough cough* the author is lazy and in a rush!)

"So, most of you passed, so I'm gonna count you all in." The director said, looking at all of us one by one. "I'm guessing you're all eager to get this over with. As am I."

He clicked a button on a remote and behind us, the screen apeared.

There was a picture of a woman in all black, walking and trying to hide her face. She looked suspicious.

"This...is Adeline Russo." The director clicked it again, and a picture I never though I would see appeared. The lady was in an elegant white dress, hugging and standing next to a familiar man. "Ex wife of Victor Russo. Here."

The director slid a small file, and in it, containing all the information we needed to get her.

"You're job is to find her, and bring her to us." Charles jumped in.

"Is that all? Are you underestimating us?" Logan asked with a raised brow.

"Of coarse not. I'm sure you're all very capable of killing her..." he looked over at Aaron, a different look I've ever seen on David once. "But we want her alive. We think she knows something very valuable that can help us carry out this mission."

"Right. What if something goes wrong?" Jacob asks.

"Then after this ends, more time added to your sentance."

With an open mouth, Jacob looked away, as if to take his anger out on the wall by a glaring contest.

"Okay, right, we understand. What about Victoria." Aaron asked this time, concern plaster all over him.

"She's going to stay behind. Safe."

Aaron nodded hesitantly, and the short meeting continued.

At the end, we were all walking out, ready to get in a car and go to Charles's house. But Charles himself pulled Aaron aside for a bit, and me being me, stayed close to listen.

"I need to talk to you, concerning where Victoria is going to live. With who." Charles said in a hushed tone.

"Alright, spill."

"I wouldn't have made this decision if there was any other way... But I'm sure Victoria will be safest, with..."

Everything is going to go to Hell.

Please Vote