TWENTY - FOUR

(A/N. message at the bottom!!!)

Victoria...

Fear is not screaming.

"I think something really bad is going to happen, Aaron."

"AAAHHHH!"

===

Jacob's hold on me wasn't tight, and I secretly thought that it was because he knew how I would get if it was.

It was a habit of mine; assuming things, things that may not be far from the truth, but in my book, they are.

We reached a long white hallway, the clean and sparkly tiled floors were all I couldn't look at. I was too nervous to look up, in fear that Jacob would get even more mad than he is.

I really wished I didn't open that door!

BAM!

Jacob slammed a door open, and in view was a soaking wet Aaron and a scared looking Charles.

I felt guilt rise in me, noticing the important looking papers Charles was signing. And, CHARLES HIMSELF!

He is going to be so mad!!!

I basically snuck out of my new home, with a new family that was going to care for me. I left my new life just minutes after I got it.

Is he going to think I'm ungrateful?

An attention seeking brat?

I didn't even notice the start of an argument until I looked up again. Aaron and Jacob were arguing, probably as to why I was here. And charles was trying to calm them down.

"What the hell is she doing here? Charles, werent you going to take her to a new home?" Aaron said.

"I did! She went inside side and everything!" He turned to me, "why are you here? Better yet, how did you get here?!"

Aaron and Charles started shooting question after question at me, and I was starting to feel a little overwhelmed. I switched my eyes from one to the other, trying to keep up with everything that was coming our their mouths.

I wanted to answer them, I did, becuase I didn't want them to think I did this as a joke.
My feeling wasn't kidding around.

But, I couldn't exactly explain to them that I just had a bad vibe, and snuck into the back of Charles car.

It wouldn't make sense to them, they were adults! I doubt adults sneak out of houses because of a simple feeling. Or in my case, no feeling at all.

Would they believe my story?

I looked up again to find their expecting looks. Charles bright blue eyes were now dark, telling me he was disappointed.

Aaron, however - I could only see one emotion in him.

Concern.

I wont lie, it was nice to know someone e was worried about me. I've only ever felt the opposite; been told no one wants me, been pushed around becuase they know they can do that. So, Aaron looking at me like that, well, it warmed my heart just a little to know that someone cared.

Like fam- no.

But I pushed any thoughts or ideas away from me, and decided to focus on answering their questions.

"Charles?" I asked quietly. His look softened at this. "I'm sorry I left the house - I just needed to come here."

"Why did you need to come here?" He asked softly, masking the commanding side of him.

"I - uh - I needed to follow you." I said quietly again. I didn't trust my voice anymore, not today!

"Victoria, you're not making any sense." He said.

"I - I'm sorry, but I just got a feeling!" I blurted, desperate to make him understand. I wanted them to hear the truth. Maybe then my punishment wont be as bad. "I got a bad feeling. A really bad feeling, and... I was..."

"You were scared." A deep voice finished wished my sentence.

How did he know? I didn't have to talk, didn't have to move, I didn't even have to look at him. How did he know?

I could have ended my sentance in a very different way, yet Aaron knew exactly how I was feeling.

"Yeh-yes." I confirmed.

"But it wasn't for you, was it?" He continued.

Is this guy a mind reader?!

"No." I whispered, my memory doing me no good.

I saw little flashes and scenes in my head the time I almost died. That awful Sunday afternoon, that I didn't feel the usual awful feeling I get.

After Dan punched the kid in the supermarket. After I slipped up big time at the house with him.

I had one simple job that day, but I couldn't even do that.

What a useless orphan girl.

"You are not useless."

I looked upto see Aaron looking at me with sorry eyes. And, is that what I think it is?

Pity?

He looked so sad.

Like if his pet goldfish had just died and he had to flush it down the toilet.

"I said that out loud, didn't I?" I said.

"Victoria, you are not useless." Aaron said, but he didn't know how much those words stung me.

All he was doing is trying to correct me, as if it was going to cure everything.

But it isn't.

I know that I'm useless, I've had enough time to realize and live with it. I know I'm a dumb orphan girl, and I know that I will never have a family.

I'm all alone.

His sad eyes and worried expression only make me feel worse, because I dont want - need - him to feel that way.

I dont want anyone to pity or feel for me, becuase I dont want them to feel bad themselves. And I know I said that it felt nice to know someone cared, but I'm filled with shame right after. I felt greedy; liking that someone cared about me, after all I've known was neglect.

The last time someone cared... it didn't end well...

I would rather carry all of it myself than let someone help me and get dragged down with me. Emotionally.

Not physically, not anymore. I am far far away from Dan.

I felt a lump rise in my throat as I looked at Aaron, who was now kneeling in front of me.

I could tell he wanted to say something, but what could he say?

"Victoria?" Charles voice snapped me out of this staring contest. "How did you get here?"

"Oh... I uh... I may have sneaked in the car?" I said, but it came out as a question.

"You sneaked in to the back of my car?" He repeated skeptically.

I nodded and he started pacing around the room, mumbling something about 'troublesome kids'.

"I really am sorry for sneaking out - I just... I just didn't-"

"What exactly did you think was going to happen?" Aaron asked calmly.

I hesitated to speak, fear of being treated like a joke stopped me for a moment. But I pushed that away!

Fear is not screaming.

"I think something really bad is going to happen, Aaron."

"AAAHHHH!"

Please Vote!

(Alright, ima make this quick!

"The Good In Cianna" is now "JONESY")