THIRTY - SIX

Victoria...

My little walk down memory lane came to an end when I heard people call out my name.

I got up and looked around the park, marking off moving things that werent the Cruz.

"Tori!"

I looked to my right, towards the road and the sidewalk, and I saw Noah. I sighed and made my way over to him.

"Tor- Victoria!" He beamed.

The smile on his face vanished one second later, and I had thoughts of running away again.

"What where you thinking?" He boomed, and in was suprised that I hadn't flinched too much. It was barely noticeable. "You could have gotten hurt, or lost, or or, I DON'T KNOW!"

"I'm sorry, Noah." I whispered keeping my head down.

"Victoria, lift your head."

I did, ever so slowly, becuase I thought that if I waited kong enough, the tears at shore were gonna go away. But I met Noah's deep blue oceans of eyes, and sucked it up.

"If your going to go out like this again, then keep your head up. It'll do you some good."

"But I-im not going to go-oh off like this again." I stuttered.

I suprised even myself. I thought I had gotten over this. Over my fear!

I'll always be with you, stupid orphan girl!

I blinked the tears away and huffed. Noah seemed more or less pleased with this, and let the running away go.

"But, I don't know about the others." He warned, and I felt my stomach sink. I guess my fear was visable, because he then said, "hey, hey. They wont lay their hands on you. You have my word."

He made a promise, and I felt like he meant it. I really hope he did.

Aaron...

I saw Victoria arrive with Noah. He looked content, but she looked as if something had pounced at her. She was waiting for another scare.

With all my brothers behind me, I was sure she was freaking out even more.

"Why did you run away?" I asked calmly. That seemed to amplify her nerves.

"I... I didn't wuh-want to be in the roo-room." She stuttered.

"You could have gone to the backyard for space," I said, my voice becoming louder, just a little, "do you have any idea what Charles would have done to me if he found out?"

Victoria raised her head, her eyes wide like bambi's. Concern was plastered on her face, but I hadn't gotten the silent note just yet.

"He would have my head, me mataria, Victoria."

She jerked her head, her eyes becoming glossy and full of what I assumed urgency.

And then it hit me.

My brothers were behind me.

"Boys, go to your rooms." I told them, and they obeyed with groans and sighs.

I took Victoria's hand once they had left and brought her to the table to sit by me.

"Thank you, for trying to warn me." I said deeply, "but that doesn't pay for running away."

"I know."she said softly, "but I only did it because it felt like the thing to do in the moment."

"I know what you mean." I brushed my hair back, feeling the old man in me come out.

"Liam and Logan already promised me." She added, in a whispered like a purr.

"What did they promise?" I asked, getting curious.

"They promised to... to find a way to move on. From... Elizabeth." She said and winced slowly, as if it had hurt her more than it had hurt me. "Not forget, just cope. I dont want to be a reminder."

"...what do you want to be?" I asked, below a whisper that I bad hoped she didnt hear. But the room was a thick nothing.

"I want to be Victoria Sanchez." She said, and I took note of her voice about to shatter. "And I want to be important to someone - to you - without being compared.

"I hope I don't sound selfish-"

"You're not." I cut her off. "Tori you are not selfish. Wanting to be yourself is not selfish. And your important to me."

I held her hand tightly on the table, watching her watch us.

I didn't know what I was saying. My voice turned to static when I was comforting her. Was I even comforting her?

Was I trying to comfort myself? I think I was.

Becuase I remember that I wanted Victoria with me, becuase she looked so much like Elizabeth.

Was everything I've told her a lie?

Please Vote

Hey! Sorry for the short chapter.