THIRTY - EIGHT

Aaron...

The big white plane had Victoria's eyes wide open with amazement. She was the first to step up the stairs, holding onto the bars for dear life. She was shaking every step, as if she hadn't been on a plane before.

Well, she hadn't until us.

"Wow." The sighed, placing her backpack gently on one of the tan leather seats. "It looks nicer than the first one I rode."

"That's becuase it's mine." Aurora said, coming out of the bathroom.

"This plane is yours?" She squealed as my brothers joined behind us.

"Victoria, why don't you sit down?" I said, and she did with a sheepish smile.

Aurora sat next to her, letting Victoria take the window seat. I sat in fron of Aurora, even though there was a space far away from her.

"This your plane?" I asked, just like Tori did.

"I managed to buy this when I was younger," she said, looking around in what I thought was admiration. "Among other things."

I raised and eyebrow as a man came by with a small glass of water. I noticed from the corner of my eye that Tori stiffened.

I would be talking with her later.

"Theres a lot I don't know about you." I said, taking a sip.

"Too much." Auroa smiled.

"... So, if you're not with the FBI entirely, then what are you?"

She swirled her finger on the rim of her own glass.

"I'm what you call, a little bird." She said slowly.

"So your just like Charles? Their sucker."

"No, no, no, no." She stifled a laugh and looked over to Victoria, who was still looking out. The plane hadn't taken off - I assumed she was looking at the fields. "I'm the person who occasionally helps out. I work for anyone who pays good enough. But in this situation, money isn't on the table."

"Why not?" I asked.

"Charles came to me," she started, and I thought back to my own experience. "Offering me a deal. He wanted someone with my skill set - someone who wasnt all patriotic. I help him out with something legal and he pays me. I told him that I wasn't interested in money if I was going to die.

"And he offered me something much more valuable." I kept my eyes on hers. "My brother gets time off his sentance."

"Family problems?" I asked, taking another sip.

She didn't answer, as the plane started to lightly rumbled. Victoria gasped as it gained speed, and rolled off the ground with a boost.

Aurora held onto Tori's hand as she held to the seat with a death grip. Once the plane eased into a steady coarse, she eased.

I still lingered to Auroas story.

"My brother didn't do anything wrong. People just dont look the other way." She sighed sadly.

"Why did Charles bring you boys into this?"  She asked, gulping down her water.

"Charles needed someone who knew Victor Russo. I guess we were the lowest on the list, lucky us."

Victoria snapped her head to me, looking at me with such intense I started to feel nervous.

"Victoria, is something wrong?" Auroa finally broke the silence.

"Huh - oh-oh, yeah. No! No." She breathed, and gave me once last glance before getting up.

I didn't bother asking her anything. Aurora just looked at me with concern, and I stared back with confusion.