tarzan and water ballons

the mornings at avengers tower were becoming something that i not only grew accustomed to but i look forward to. the tower level that i shared with my dad and occasionally pepper we chaotic and therapeutic simultaneously.

few days had passed since i came back from my race and helped fix the old grandpa car with tony and things were becoming more normal.

"miss stark, it seems as if you are being called upon by a civilian." the robotic voice interrupted my and tony's very passionate discussion about how i am not aloud to take an iron man suit on a test drive.

confused, i directed my attention to the celing where i assumed the ai lived - or existed. "what do you mean? if it's the press again turn on the sprinklers."

" a blonde teenager is demanding she sees you at once. she claims to be your friend." the electronic voice sounded.

"blonde friend?" i asked under my breath. tony shot me his quirked eyebrow across the island countertop.

" don't tell me you're getting super fans." tony said exasperatedly.

i gasped. "you doubt my charming personality? who knows, i might be the next teenage heart-throb. people throwing themselves at me and writing fan fiction."

"pfft." he rolls his eyes. "been there done that, it's not as glamorous as it sounds. trust me it starts to get creepy."

"the girl is saying, and excuse my language, 'tell that grumpy bitch to come meet me, or next time i'm not saving her ass from the paps." a lightbulb went off in my head.

"oh it's linae! she's the girl peter and i saved from-"

"you and peter are saving people now? are you trying to become a superhero and take your old mans place?" oops, forgot that i didn't tell him about that.

i wave my hands up, brushing him off. "she needed help and i did what i had to, that's it. no spandex for me."

"that's always how it starts."

an awkward pause ensued before i broke it. "well, i'm going to go before she starts with any more threats, see ya."

"don't pile up any bodies while your out, sweet heart. i already have one hulk to worry about." he salutes me.

i start walking towards the elevator. "keep waking me up by pulling the blankets off my bed and you'll be the first one, dad."

tony leans his hip on the counter and takes a sip of his coffee. "kids." he sighs.

my banshee rages have been getting more frequent by the day. i can conceal them for the most part but it's beginning to take a toll on me both mentally and physically.

i pick at my nails with restlessness and my inner lip is starting to look like i've been snacking on cheese graters. i'm holding off about telling dad about loki though, things have been going so smoothly i can't have him worrying about something else.