"paparazzi and barbies"

my eyes cracked open, still heavy with sleep

my eyes cracked open, still heavy with sleep. seconds went by where i didn't know where i was. this large room and extremely soft bed was so foreign to me. my memories flooded back all at one, avengers tower, tony and lastly, loki.

after realizing that i hadn't dreamt all the shit that has been happening to me i sat up and got out of bed. my bare legs were bombarded with chills as my toes came in contact with the frigid wood flooring.

i brushed my teeth and changed into pants that clung loosely to my lower body and a tank top accompanied with my worn sneakers.

loki's words about my father ran through my head as i brushed my hair. i hardly knew tony, let alone trusted he knew me. maybe i should spend some family time with him. bond. maybe play catch? is that what normal fathers and daughters do?

we definitely weren't normal.

after my hair was smooth i decided that i was going to find tony and have quality time with him, whatever that was.

i left my room in search of tony, since we shared a floor i expected him to be there but he was nowhere to be found.

"miss stark would you like assistance?" a feminine voice rang out around me, scaring me.

"uh-yes actually i would. do you have any idea where tony is?" i asked hopefully.

  "mr. stark is currently on his private jet to a meeting in Bali with his business partners."

i felt myself physically deflate at the words. "oh. do you know when he will arrive back?"

"it seems he will return later this afternoon. would you like me to send him a message?" friday replied.

"no, that's fine, thank you." he didn't even tell me he would be leaving.

shaking my head, i knew i couldn't let this small thing get to me. i mean he's never said that he loved me but that doesn't mean he doesn't, right?

and now that i was thinking about it, he hadn't even waited up for me to see if i got home. i was used to doing whatever i wanted, but expected something from someone who was supposed to be my father.

i  decide that i need fresh air and try and clear my mind. between me beating the man half to death and loki, the weight of the world would be lighter on my shoulders.

i descended the elevator to the lobby. few of the workers there looked at me sideways. the had probably heard the truth.