"team meetings and pirate jokes"

i have been intimidated very few times in my life

i have been intimidated very few times in my life. i had never been one to spook easily or think i was less than someone. hell, 24 hours ago i was in a high speed chase and escaped a cell . now, sitting in a room full of superheroes and assassins, it was hard to remind myself that i wasn't powerless too.

we were sitting at a round, wooden table. i was sat in between tony and clint, the two people i would say i was the closest to so far.

it then went scarlet witch and vision who were apparently together (don't ask me how).  sam , bucky, straight from rehab according to my father. he didn't seem to like him all that much. peter, who looked tormented by the pair of captain america's sidekicks. bruce and natasha, who had an unspoken thing (lots of sexual tension), rhodey who was apparently my fathers best friend who i had yet to meet. he was out on some military thing as tony intelligently put it. thor was sitting next to the billionaire also.

steve, ever the team leader, was the only person standing, other than a man in a black trench coat and an eye patch, ready to lead the meeting. "we all know why we are here today. the question is whether we keep loki here, secured and under surveillance 24/7 or send him off world."

clint raised his had half heartedly. "since i am the only one who was mind controlled by him i say we let him be someone else's problem." i did not judge him for his stance. after all, i wouldn't want his crazy ass on the same planet as me either.

" trust assured, my brother wants to change his ways. he was under the control of the tesseract when he gained control over your mind." i looked at peter who was star struck that thor was in front of him and talking.

"he threw me out of a window." tony throws in childishly.

natasha spoke up. " i don't blame him for that one, we've all wanted to do it." i tried to hide my laughter by looking down and putting my had over the mouth.

betrayed, tony looks at me. "you're supposed to be on my team." he says quietly.

i shrug in response, trying to not smile.

the man in all black leather and an eyepatch spoke up. " i'm not the fondest of loki either, but i'd rather keep and eye on the bastard in a secured location than to leave and get "influenced" by another evil higher power."

i discreetly leaned over to tony and whispered to him. " he only has an eye to keep on him."

the man let out a quiet snort and the bald emo pirate flared at us with his eye. i was sure he hadn't heard what i had said but tony's reaction had gotten his attention. tony had said nick fury had something big lodged deep in his ass before the gathering.

"fury, i can assure you that i will keep him in line." the god of thunder replied after our small disruption.

"that's rich." clint shot back. "considering you didn't last time."