One

"Where do you want me to start?"

You asked them.

"Just, start from the beginning."

Behold told you. You took a long inhale before you started.

You walked down the hall to your therapy session with Ben Harmon. He had been helping you since you died and your parents left.

You heard sniffing and crying when you got to the end of the hall. You poked your head in to see a boy, around your age, crying over the body of a woman, you recognized her as the neighbor.

"I'm a monster! Why would you want to help me?"

He cried to Ben. You took a step back, accidentally stepping on the creaking floorboard. Both their heads shot to you and you froze.

"Y/n, right now isn't a good time."

Ben looked at you.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to listen."

You tried to explain as your gaze went to the boy.

"Who are you?"

The boy asked through tears. Even through the tears and redness, you could see the beautiful blue of his eyes.

"Michael, this is y/n."

Ben introduced. You looked at him with a sad smile.

"Hi, Michael."

"Hello."

He swallowed a sob and looked down. You walked over and sat down on the coffee table next to him.

"Who was she?"

You asked in a small voice, looking down. He looked up at you and gulped before saying,

"She was my grandma."

More tears, if possible, filled his eyes. You felt bad for the boy, you only knew him for a few minutes and you had felt for him.

"You two must have been close, I'm sorry."

Ben watched you two from his chair and cleared his throat. You two looked at him and you stood from the table.

"Could you give us a little bit, y/n."

Ben tilted his head as he looked to Michael. You got the idea and nodded your head.

"Of course, Mr Harmon."

You gave a soft smile and turned to Michael.

"If you want, we can talk more later."

He looked up at you with his red, puffy eyes and smiled. He nodded his head as the last of his tears leaked out.

You smiled down at him, looked to Mr Harmon and back to the boy one last time before walking away. You and him were going to be friends, you could tell.

[ I've been working
on this book since
December ]