Seven

66 6

6
6 6

"The house was weird after that."

You explained to them. They looked at you like you were crazy.

"Weird how?"

Madison asked you. You let out a shaky breath and shifted in your seat.

The houses aura was different. While it was a creepy house from the beginning, it was darker now.

Every room was scorching hot, you had to sleep with a fan and an open window.

Birds had been circled the house for the past week, waking you up at random times.

Like tonight, you heard a bird screech outside your window. You groaned and rolled to your side, facing Michael.

You reached your arm out for him only to feel empty space. His spot was still warm, indicating that he didn't leave the bed but a few minutes ago.

You stood from the bed and walked to the door, that was left open.

You stepped out and saw Michael on the stairs, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

"Do I know you?"

He mumbled to a group of people in the doorway.

"Michael?"

You said quietly. He turned his gaze to you.

"Who are these people?"

You side glance to the people at the door. Michael looked to them then back at you.

"Go back to sleep."

He told you softly. You furrowed your eyebrows and shook your head.

"Michael, who are these people."

You asked again. Michael let out an annoyed huff.

"Please, y/n. Go back to bed."

You let out a shaky breath as your gaze went from him, to the people at the door and back to him. You rolled your eyes before walking back to your room.

You closed the door behind, leaning your back on it. Michael was trust worthy and would never lie to you. Right?

You shook the thoughts from your head and crawled into bed, getting comfortable as you could before an unfamiliar wave of tiredness washed over you.

You felt yourself being shaken wake. You groaned and rubbed the sleep from your eyes, looking up to see Michael.

"Good morning. You slept forever."

Michael laughed before kissing your forehead. You let out a sigh and sat up.

"What was that all about? Who were those people?"

You asked. Michael let out a small laugh at you. He knew that would be the first thing you brought up.

"They were some homeless people looking for a place to sleep. I got rid of them, I just didn't want you to get hurt. I'm sorry if I worried you."

He explained. You leaned in to give him a small kiss on the cheek. Turned his head and caught your lips. He pulled his head back and smirked at you.

"Smooth, Langdon. Real smooth."

6
6 6