Five

66 6

6
6 6

"He really did make me happy. Even thinking about him sometimes makes me happy. And then I remember all the things he did."

You looked down and closed your eyes, you refused to cry in front of these people, especially if you were crying over Michael.

'The house house sold and new people will be be moving in.' That's what Ben had told you. These would be the first people to live here since your parents left.

You watched from the window as they brought in the last of their boxes. It would be weird living here with someone who wasn't Michael or another ghost.

You leaned back against the wall and sighed. The house belongs to that couple now and Michael would have to leave, just like he said he'd never do.

"Shit."

You breathed out. Even the thought of Michael being gone sent a wave of sadness over you, you couldn't stand it.

You could always find a way for him to live in the walls. Or he could live in the attic and you bring him food everyday.

Your thoughts were interrupted when Michael burst through the door. He looked frantic and had tears in his eyes.

"Michael? What's wrong?"

His breathing was uneven as he hunched over.

"The new owners, they're dead."

He breathed out. Your eyes went wide and you walked over to him.

"What happened?"

You grabbed his face and made him look at you.

"They were murdered. I saw it, the murderer was wearing a rubber suit. Like the one that we found in Tate's room."

That's when it clicked, Tate hadn't changed. You'd heard stories of the awful things he did. The people he murdered and what he did to Mrs Harmon.

And he had the nerve to call Michael a monster?

"It was Tate."

You said angrily.

"He called you a monster and then he does this? He hasn't changed. He's still the asshole that people tell stories about."

Michael looked at you and lightly, sadly smiled.

You were believing all his lies

6
6 6