iii. A FRIENDLY CHAT

song: wait by nombe

Waking up that morning, there was a general feeling of calm. Her evening before at the Weasley's had been exciting, and it put her at ease. A family like that were united in their closeness, and it was warming to witness. She enjoyed spending time with Charlie Weasley. He was kind, and he was amusing, and being around him was incredibly easy. He'd be returning to Romania at the end of the summer to resume his study of dragons, but she'd like to make the most of every moment she'd have with him until then. Perhaps knowing their little dalliance would end soon removed the pressure of it, prompting her to simply make the most of their time together. Either way, it made Adeline happy, and she decided from now on she'd be in constant search of whatever made her happy.

The day began with the usual letter from Charlie, which she welcomed. They'd be seeing one another in a few hours at the Quidditch World Cup, but he'd sent an owl confirming it. She liked how on top of things he was.

Adeline showered and changed, entering the open living room-kitchen and greeting Alex, who was making himself a coffee by the counter.

"Where's Oliver?" she hummed, and Alex pointed towards Ana's room. She rolled her eyes. "Those two - won't admit they're dating still, will they?"

"Sounds like somebody we know?" he replied, smirking, and Adeline couldn't help but chuckle, poking him in the stomach hard.

"Stop it. What time do we have to leave?"

"In about two hours. Oliver said his family will probably get there a bit earlier to set up the tent and whatnot."

Adeline nodded slowly, leaning over him to retrieve her keys and purse from beside the fridge. "Sounds good. I'm excited."

"It should be brilliant." The grin on his lips proved how much he was anticipating the World Cup - Quidditch had been a comfort to the muggle-born, as he quickly became enthralled in the magical sport. It brought him and Oliver closer together. "Where are you going?"

"To grab a coffee." Adeline spoke, tugging on her shoes.

Alex raised an eyebrow, looking from his best friend to the cup of coffee in his hands. "I've made coffee."

"I want a better coffee."

"Is my coffee not adequate?" he huffed, brows furrowed in a mixture of confusion and faux-offence.

"I'm sure your coffee is perfectly fine, I just want a nicer one." she giggled, watching him with an amused grin.

"You're such a coffee snob."

"Not my fault you make such a bad cup of coffee, is it?" she replied whilst opening the door to leave, winking before she exited.

Adeline wandered the streets of Diagon Alley that morning, noting the hustle and bustle of people who seemed to be getting last minute items before the hotly anticipated World Cup that evening. It was still quite early, but that didn't deter shoppers. She'd noticed that the streets were always busy with people, and it rarely felt quiet.

She approached a stand that was selling drinks and purchased a coffee and a tea - light on the milk, no sugar - before making her way towards the bookshop she'd been weary of visiting. They'd agreed to be friends, after all, and friends had coffee together, didn't they?

The door made the familiar jingle when she pushed it open from behind, her hands full, and she was greeted by the warming gaze of Remus Lupin at the desk.

"Are you always working?" Adeline questioned, placing the tea down on the table. He looked down at it questioningly before meeting her eyes, offering an amused smile.