x. NIGHT FEVER

editor note: i have changed charlie's fc so he's a bit younger

editor note: i have changed charlie's fc so he's a bit younger. makes more sense to me - hope you don't mind!

also - having serious issue with uploading gifs? it keeps saying the file isn't supported but it is literally a gif file. so i just added it there, but rlly want it at the top. plz help :(

song: night fever by bee gees

"You're definitely going tonight, aren't you?"

The question interrupted a stream of repetitive and anxious thoughts - she often found her brain worked such overtime that it simply rejected any external noise. Alexander had stayed the night on their sofa, and proposed the next morning that they get a coffee from one of the places along Diagon Alley. She'd accepted gratefully, excited at the prospect of finally spending some time with her dearest friends, and Margo came along.

One thing she had found difficult to adjust to in leaving school was not often seeing her friends. Whilst she lived with Anastasia and Margo, they all held entirely different hours. Adeline frequently worked throughout the evening, and Margo was always gone early, whilst Anastasia's days were unpredictable and long. Only Alex had regular hours. They hadn't seen Oliver or Winnie since the summer, both far away doing whatever they had seemed fit. She missed her cousin the most, and his mindless talk on Quidditch.

Whilst she was beginning to feel fulfilled in her life and career, this area of her life was certainly lacking. She ached for their summers away, the nights spent in one dorm, and weekends in Hogsmeade. She missed Harry Potter, too, and his kind smile, face illuminated by gentle green eyes.

"Of course I am." Adeline hummed, turning to meet the gaze of her best friend Margo, who quirked an eyebrow curiously. "Why wouldn't I?"

"You just always seem too busy. I feel as though I haven't seen you in ages."

"I reckon the disco theme is a bit ridiculous though, isn't it?" Alex muttered, shaking his head. They stood beside a quaint little coffee cart, that resembled something of a muggle wheelbarrow: the different apparatus that floated above their heads, however, was anything but ordinary. "What's the need to theme a party?"

"It's good fun, Alex, don't be such a Debby downer." Margo remarked, and Alex grinned in response.

Adeline didn't say much - she wanted to be fully there, in the moment, but found it difficult with so much running through her brain. Recent talks with Sirius had worried her, and she had suddenly felt guilty for not seeing her parents. She'd been so caught up in her own life that she'd neglected those around her.

"Addie?"

"Hm?"

"What's wrong?" Alex's concerned face was gazing down at her, and she was taken aback by how much older he looked, even over the space of a few months. He didn't seem like a schoolboy anymore, his features darkened, something akin to subtle on his chin. He'd gotten bigger too, as though working in Potions was physically demanding. Adeline noticed a few witches trying to catch his gaze, and nearly chuckled in response.