13

"Rylee!" someone calls after me. "Rylee," they call me again and I spin around to see Monique quickly making her way over to me from across the lobby. "Hey, where have you been? I was looking for you everywhere."

"I was just in the room, getting ready for dinner." I tell her, showing her my dress. "I was waiting for you to come."

"I had gotten ready with Kourt, but I kept stopping by the room to see if you were there, but you weren't."

"Well, here I am."

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry."

"No, I'm sorry. I should have told you about Zayn." I pull her into a hug. "I don't want to keep anything from you."

We continue our apologies until someone appears behind me with their hand on my back.

"I hope you two are good now because I don't think I can handle another fight." Harry says then smiles down at me. "You look very nice tonight, Eversteen?"

My stomach flutters when our eyes connect. I get flashes of our time in his room.

"Um, yes coach. We're all good." Monique speaks up. Harry smiles at her before walking off to talk to coach Payne. I keep my eyes on him then Monique speaks. "Am I missing something?"

I frown and shake my head. "No."

"I think I am."

"Monique, we just apologized. Do you want to argue again?"

"No, I- No, sorry. Lets go sit down."

We head into the restaurant and sit at the large table. I wanted to sit next to Harry, but others already got there before me. I sat across from him which was far because of the size of the table. He spots me and a smirk appears with a subtle wink.

Halfway through dinner, he excuses himself to take a phone call. I see him roll his eyes then he glances at me before leaving. The entire time I was wondering who it was. The girls continue on with their conversations, but I stayed out waiting for him to come back.

"We're going to win tomorrow, right Rylee?" Monique taps my shoulder, trying to pull me back into the conversation and I just nod. "Hey, are you okay?"

"I'm confused." Leslie speaks up. "Weren't you two just slapping each other earlier?"

"Do you not know how to fucking mind your business?" Monique curses quite loud. Coach Payne walks over from the JV table and glares at her. "Coach, she's being a fucking cunt."

"Monique!" Coach Payne exclaims.

"It's true, she started it coach." Kourtney defends.

"No, I surely didn't. Abby tell him." Leslie says and we all look at Abby.

"You can't ask Abby. She's so far up Leslie's ass." Monique comments. "They probably finger each other every night. I would assume that's why Abby tolerates her."

Kourtney screams with a laugh. "That's why they always bunk together."

"Shut the fuck up. You and Rylee bunk all the time." Leslie says angrily. "Always defending her like she's your wife."

"Because that's what best friends do for each other. Not throw each other under the bus."

"Okay, Monique that's enough." Coach Payne jumps in again but she doesn't listen.

"You know Abby, she turned you in for cheating on a test to save her own ass and that's why you had to sit out for the rest of last season." Monique reveals then Abby's eyes move to Leslie looking shocked and betrayed. "Yeah, I heard her lying to Mr. Mitchel about it. Oh and remember that guy you used to like so much? Leslie fucked him in the locker room. There was also that other time when,"