7

A couple weeks pass since the incident with Harry in my room. He's been nothing but hostile. Not just to me, but anyone in his path. I was just grateful for the weekend. My work schedule was looking great. On the drive to work, I look out the window and see Harry at the motel a few blocks from my house. I ignore it and keep driving.

Only a couple hours till closing time and Monique's shift ends, leaving me to close with Austin. I lean against the bar and look at the few customers here. The door chimes and I quickly stand up straight to meet those green eyes.

"Hello Coach," I say formally. "How can I help you today?"

"I have an order to go." he tells me and I turn to check.

"It looks like it's still cooking." I let him know. "Would you like a drink while you wait?"

He nods and sits on a bar stool, telling me what beer he would like. I serve him then awkwardly try to find something to do.

"You could go check on your other customers rather than stand here and be all weird." he comments as he places the rim of the glass to his lips. "Just a suggestion." he shrugs, taking a gulp of the beer.

I leave the bar with nothing to say to him. For some reason, I could feel like his eyes burning into my back as I moved around the restaurant. Every time I looked his way, his eyes were just on the tv watching whatever game was on. As I made my way back, Austin places a bag of food next to Harry along with another full glass of beer.

"Another one?" I ask, smiling until Austin left our view.

"Yes, I'm a grown man. I'll have another beer if I want to."

I slightly raise my hands before wiping down the bar. "Sorry sir, just a simple question. I thought you were just waiting for your food and you'd head out." I defend myself.

"Ma'am," he says, obviously annoyed. "Is there anyone else here that could serve me?"

"No sir. Since we're about to close, just me and the manager." I inform him. "But if you want there are some other bars I can recommend you."

"No thank you. I'll just grab a case of beer on my way home."

"You're going to drink alone tonight?" I ask. "Wife's out of town again?"

His eyes shoot to mine and he glares at me. "Cut the bullshit," he spits out. "I saw you driving past the motel earlier."

"What do you mean, sir?"

"Rylee," he says sternly. "Stop calling me sir- and I saw your parent's car outside when I pulled up. Obviously, it was you."

"Look, whatever is going on with you is none of my business." I tell him. "If you live in the motel now, great."

"Just temporarily."

"Is that why you've been so-" I pause trying to find the right words to say. "Such an ass, lately."

"I haven-"

He stops talking when I head over to help a customer that was waving me over. I come back to him handing me his card.

"I'm sorry." he mumbles out.

"For what?"

"For everything," he says, keeping his head down. "For treating you the way that I did, having inappropriate moments with you- just being a straight pervert."

"Harry, I didn't mean to call you a pervert the other night."

"No, because you were right." he finally looks at me and softly laughs. "I'm the adult. I should have never let it go on. I should have never touched you or kissed. I'm your teacher. It was so wrong."