Thirty-One

Olivia sat next to George in the backseat of the Austin Allegro, with her head resting against his shoulder. They were all still wearing their wedding attire, resulting in the fabric of Olivia's dress bunching up and surrounding the couple.

Beside her, George had begun to fidget nervously with his hands. Although the action was subtle, it didn't go unnoticed by Olivia who interlocked her fingers with his and gave him a reassuring smile. 

"We're almost there!", Bill announced, turning the thin steering wheeling sharply, sending the car jeering to the left. He then grabbed the gear shifter and pulled it back, causing the car to slow significantly.

"Nervous?", Fleur questioned the newlyweds, craning her neck, to look over the back of her seat. George shook his head in response and Olivia looked up and him, then back at Fleur.

"We're just worried that Molly will be upset.", Olivia answered truthfully, speaking for the both of them.

"I think that your happiness is what's most important, no?"

"I guess so...", George trailed off, looking out the window as The Burrow came into view below them. The car descended towards the crooked, wooden house, until the tires touched down on the front lawn. Everyone in the car took a collective deep breath, before opening their doors and climbing out.

Together, they walked up to the front door and quietly crept inside. The house appeared to be empty at first, but Molly and Arthur's excited voices could be heard echoing from up the stairs, accompanied by the sound of applause. As Bill cleared his throat loudly, everything fell to silence.

"George? Olivia? Is that you?", Molly called out, her voice growing nearer. "You'll never guess what Beau learned to do while you were gone-", as she reached the bottom of the stairs and caught sight of the group, still dressed in their formal attire, she went wide-eyed. "Arthur! Get down here at once!"

She stared straight ahead, the expression on her face unreadable. George reached out and grabbed Olivia's hand and squeezed it tightly, fearing what would come next. Arthur's footsteps approached steadily, until he came into view, holding Beau in his arms.

"Ah, I see! Well, Darling, it seems like you were right after all.", he quietly addressed his wife, as he looked the group up and down. Molly put her hands on her hips and gave him a side-eye, before turning back towards her children.

"Of course, I was right!", she muttered, before reaching out and shuffling towards George and Olivia with open arms. The pair let out a sigh of relief as she threw her arms around them and began to cry tears of joy.

"But how did you know?", George asked breathlessly, pulling back to raise an inquisitive eyebrow at his mother.

"Oh, Sweetheart. Mothers always know.", she sniffled, wiping away her tears with the back of her hand.  

"You aren't angry?", Olivia whispered, blinking back her own tears.

"Angry? Heavens no! Why would I be angry?", she gasped, reaching out to caress the side of Olivia's face.

"That we didn't have the big wedding that you had planned for us."

"My Dear! I could never be mad over such a thing!", she gasped, her voice a perfect balance between stern and comforting. "Especially when I gain another beautiful daughter out of it.", she added, shooting Fleur a small smile.

"This is all quite exciting indeed! I must say, it was very clever, going over The Ministry and getting married by Muggles. How was it, by the way? How do their wedding ceremonies differ from ours?", Arthur began to ask a string of questions, prompting George, Olivia, Bill, and Fleur to laugh amongst themselves.