Seven

Autumn had come and gone without any updates from The Burrow. Within that time Bill had come across an old radio while rummaging through the attic. Together the group was able to tune into Potterwatch, an anti-Voldemort radio station that kept everyone up to date on the most current events. The host of the show kept his true identity hidden, but it didn't take long for Olivia to recognize the voice as belonging to Lee Jordan.

As the months went on, several guests appeared on the show under code names including; Remus Lupin, Kingsley Shacklebolt, and even Fred. To Olivia's disappointment, she never heard George's voice come across the airwaves. None the less the show gave everyone at Shell Cottage hope. 

Ginny hadn't returned to school for her sixth year, yet the radio show told them exactly what was happening within the walls of Hogwarts. Severus Snape had taken over Dumbledore's position as Headmaster, giving Voldemort a man on the inside. The students who did return to school lived in a constant state of fear. Ginny hated the thought of her classmates suffering without her.

By the time winter rolled in, the group had become a family. A dysfunctional one, but still a family. They each had their roles and followed a routine that kept everything running smoothly. It was important for everyone to keep busy and with the constant distraction, it wasn't long until Christmas time approached.

They did their best to make the cottage feel festive and cozy. Bill had disappeared one day without any warning, returning hours later with a tree to decorate. Fleur, Ginny and Olivia had managed to find a box of old decorations among the rest of the clutter in the attic. They also took the time to collect seashells and driftwood off the beach, creating their own decorations. The finished product wasn't quite traditional, but it was theirs and they were proud of what they were able to do with limited resources. 

When Christmas Eve arrived, they lit a fire in the fireplace and gathered around the radio to listen to the special Christmas broadcast. Bill and Fleur sat on the floor wrapped in a large flannel blanket while Ginny and Olivia sat on opposite ends of the couch. When Lee's voice came on to the radio, it was apparent to his listeners that something was different. His words were hushed and quick as if he was afraid of being overheard. 

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I come to you tonight with big news! There has been a Potter sighting, in Godric's Hollow! Perhaps, he was feeling sentimental and wanted to pay dear old Mum and Dad a visit. Whatever the reason, we now have confirmation that the chosen one is alive and well. Witnesses say it was a close one, but he managed to escape and is free to live another day! With that, I wish you all a very Merry Christmas!!  Please tune in next time for more Potterwatch. Goodnight!"

The radio station switched to loud static prompting Bill to reach over and shut it off. While everyone sat silently trying to process the news, the crackling fire was all that could be heard. The first confirmed sighting of Harry since the summer had left Ginny grinning from ear to ear. Bill on the other hand looked troubled by the news.

"Shall I make us some tea?", Fleur asked climbing off of Bill's lap. Everyone nodded or mumbled a quiet yes while she walked to the kitchen. The sound of the tap turning on and the kettle being filled was interrupted by a loud, shrill gasp.

"What's wrong?", Bill jumped to his feet, running straight to the kitchen, Ginny and Olivia trailing close behind him. Fleur raised her hand and pointed out the window, that looked out towards the beach. Under the light of the moon, several figures appeared. 

"Deatheaters?", Ginny inquired, reaching for her wand.

"It can't be! Bloody hell.", Bill whispered realizing who had just arrived outside. He turned his gaze towards Olivia and smiled.