Nine

Exactly two weeks after celebrating the twin's twentieth birthday, George and Olivia had taken an early morning walk to get some time to themselves. Among the greenery and the rolling hills, it was easy to forget their troubles, but when they returned to the cottage everything had changed. 

Upon their arrival, they spotted several hunched over figures on the beach. Sensing that something was wrong, Olivia began to run towards them with George close behind her. As they got nearer, the identities of those on the beach became clear. Harry was holding Dobby, who appeared to be asleep, and Luna was knelt down beside him. A few feet away Ron sat with his arms wrapped around an exhausted-looking Hermione. George ran straight to his brother, while Olivia ran to Luna and Harry.

"I want to bury him, properly! Without magic!", Harry cried cradling Dobby's head. Nearby a silver dagger drenched in blood sat in the sand.

"Who did this?", Olivia asked her voice quivering.

"Bellatrix. Dobby helped all of us escape Malfoy manor, but it was too late. ", Harry explained through tears.

"Is this all of you? Are there others?"

"Ollivander and a goblin are in the cottage already.", Luna answered.

"Love, I think we should take everyone inside.", George's voice spoke over her shoulder and she glanced back, nodding up at him. They returned to the cottage and took care of everyone who had been injured, or who had been weakened from an extended stay at Malfoy Manor. Harry insisted on burying Dobby on his own, just outside, overlooking the view of the beach. 

From there, Harry, Ron, and Hermione began to hatch a plan to sneak into Gringotts and hopefully find another one of Voldemort's Horcruxes. Griphook, the Goblin agreed to help them get inside in exchange for the sword of Gryffindor, which had ended up in Harry's possession during their travels. Everyone else tried to adjust to the influx of people that they now had to find room for, in the small three-bedroom cottage.

Luna and Ollivander returned to their homes. Leaving Molly, Arthur, Bill, and Fleur with their bedrooms, while Griphook took over George and Olivia's sending them down to the living room couch. Then everybody else joined Fred outside in his tent. As everyone waited for Griphook to heal, they let themselves relax for a couple of weeks, knowing that once Harry, Ron, and Hermione left, it would only be a matter of time before everything descended into chaos. 

It wasn't long until April neared an end and only two days were left until they were scheduled to leave. Tensions in the cottage had reached their peak. Fleur was overwhelmed by the number of people in her and Bill's home. Molly kept trying to micromanage the household, forgetting that it wasn't hers. She didn't mean to, but the uncertainty of what was to come had her on edge.

At first Ginny had been happy to have Harry back, but he was distant and cold. Refusing to let himself relax for even a moment. It had begun to take a toll on whatever relationship that they had. Ron and Hermione seemed to be in a good place, but it was obvious that their time on the run had been hard on them. Fred had become agitated, having to share his tent. 

In the middle of the constant bickering and passive-aggressive glares, sat George and Olivia. Nervous for the coming weeks but just happy to be with each other. Being downgraded to the living room couch had taken its toll on their sex life, but they had figured out creative ways to get the job done. Being the only two who weren't miserable, they knew that they had to do something. As night approached they tracked down Fred and told him their idea.

"Freddie! Can we talk?", George called out to his brother, pulling him aside.

"Sure! I've always got time to lend an ear.", Fred chuckled, subtly glancing at the side of George's head.