Twelve

After Harry and the other students had gone to The Great Hall, everyone else stayed behind to greet Kingsley Shaklebolt and Remus Lupin as they arrived through the tunnel. The two men climbed down the ladder, where Arthur and Molly were waiting to tell them everything that had happened and where Harry had gone.

"And what are we waiting around for?", Lupin inquired, appearing agitated. His behaviour was understandable, considering he had left Tonks and their newborn son behind to be there. 

"We were waiting for the corridors to be empty before we made our next move.", Hermione spoke up, stepping out from behind the others.

"It's a pleasure to see you again Miss Granger.", Lupin addressed her. "But I think we should go before Snape realizes that Harry is in the castle.", he added. Olivia tensed up at the mere mention of Snape's name, the man who had cursed George's ear off less than a year before. Part of her feared how she would react when she finally came face to face with him.

"Let's go! Keep close and remain vigilant!",  Kingsley gave orders and everyone fell into formation, exiting The Room of Requirement, and speedily walking through the corridors. When they approached The Great Hall, the large wooden doors were shut but Snape's voice could be heard booming from the other side. They waited patiently for a signal, and when everyone inside the room gasped and Harry's voice rang out, Kingsley raised his wand and flung the doors open.

"It seems despite your exhaustive defensive strategies, you still have a bit of a security problem Headmaster.", Harry growled. Kingsley and Lupin led the group inside, causing an uproar among the students and professors. Olivia stood between Fred and George, glaring in Snape's direction. "And I'm afraid it's quite extensive...", Harry trailed off taking a large step forward.

Snape responded by drawing his wand, and McGonagall wasted no time placing herself in front of Harry and raising hers. A duel broke out between the two long time professors of Hogwarts and everyone in the room ducked for cover. Olivia couldn't help but noticed the look of devastation on Snape's face as McGonagall fired at him, without hesitation. Behind Snape, the Carrow siblings were hit and knocked to the ground.

Olivia struggled to see what was happening, as both George and Fred had put themselves in front of her. There was the sound of glass smashing, as Snape crashed through the stained glass window and into the night. The room exploded into loud cheers and McGonagall waved her wand, lighting the candles within The Great Hall. The celebration was cut short as the room grew dark again and Harry stumbled backwards.

 A shrill scream rang out, then another and another. Suddenly Voldemort's raspy voice filled the heads of everyone in the room, they tried to cover their ears to drown him out, but it was like he had crawled inside each and every one of them.

"I know that many of you will want to fight. Some of you may even think that to fight is wise. But this is a folly. Give me Harry Potter. Do this and none shall be harmed. Give me Harry Potter, and I shall leave Hogwarts untouched. Give me Harry Potter, and you will be rewarded. You have one hour."

Fearfully, most of the students back away from Harry, as if standing too close to him was a death sentence. Several of the older Slytherin students glared at him, and a dark-haired girl with an upturned nose stepped forward. 

"What are we waiting for? Someone grab him!", she shouted, pointing a finger.  Ginny stepped in front of Harry protectively, and one by one the other's joined in. Olivia held George's hand while he raised his wand with the other, warning everyone to stay back.

"Mister Filch, please escort Miss Parkinson and the rest of Slytherin house to the Dungeon at once!", McGonagall demanded, ignoring the cries of protest from the students in their green and black robes. Filch followed her orders and promptly led them away.  "I presume you have a reason for returning Mister Potter, what is it that you need?", McGonagall asked, giving Harry a small smile.