18. Carnage.

C A R N A G E

"Nobody cares boy band wannabe."
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

THE ONLY THING BELLAMY AND AINSLEY COULD DO IS RUN. They ran far away from the carnage left behind, as fast as their feet would carry them. Her body aches with exhaustion and pain, but she forces herself to keep moving. Bellamy grabs her arm and pulls her down beside him to hide behind the brush. 

"Bellamy? Ainsley?" Monroe says, turning to look at them in surprise. It's no surprise to find Sterling right beside her. Fucking traitors.

"Get back down," Bellamy orders.

"You were followed?"

"Oh for the love of Christ, shut up," Ainsley hisses.

"Have you guys seen Finn?" Bellamy questions, ignoring Ainsley's outburst.

"Finn's alive?" Monroe asks, her eyes wide in surprise. The realization must seem incredibly absurd to Monroe. She searches Bellamy's eyes, and then Ainsley's, probably to see how genuine the story actually is. 

"He was," Bellamy says with a nod. "We got separated. We knew the fire was coming, so we ran, but one of them followed. How'd you guys get out?" He questions them, raising his brows in suspicion. 

Ainsley has to admit her own curiosity is growing. She knows when they ran, having been the one they left behind. She keeps eye contact with Monroe and Sterling. Waiting patiently to hear their side of the story, to see if they would lie to Bellamy, even though she's right here. She knows the truth. 

"We – we saw the Ark come down," Monroe says, albeit with a hint of anxiety in her tone. "We thought we'd come get help." 

"Piece of it came down this way," Sterling adds awkwardly, sending a tiny smile towards Monroe. "Monroe thinks it's mecha, but personally, I –" 

"Come on, nobody cares, boy band wannabe." Ainsley scoffs. She fights back an eye roll. "We need to move. Let's go. Oh, and do me a favor? Don't talk." 

Silence fell after Ainsley's words as she led them, sticking towards the trees in a slight crouch. She couldn't bear to listen to their lies anymore. Although, she isn't going to tell Bellamy. There's no point. She doesn't even truly care; self preservation is always commendable. She's just irritated by everything. John's gone. She has to fight through physical and mental pain; and she's so unbelievably drained. But she has to keep moving.